Vero beach!

I have a friend who just spent 7 days at vero beach for April school vacation and absolutely raved about it. They are huge Disney people and she had nothing but good things to say. It made me start thinking about possibly going there for a few days for next years April vacation. I already have a Feb Disney trip planned for DD8s bday and we usually go also in august, so it would be nice to use some points for a more relaxing, beach trip.
If you have been, what’s your opinion, and also, do you think it will be difficult to get a room 7 months out? We’re not picky, we could do a studio, and it would be a sun-Wednesday for MA April vacation week.

1 Like

@gingerSnaps543222 has been a few times and love it.

We just returned and liked it ok but would not return. It was my husband and son12 and daughter 14 and myself. I do think it it difficult to get at 7 months. We love the beach and have been to Destin, Myrtle beach, etc. The site itself is beautiful. The grounds and staff great, food great but very far to anything outside of the resort. There is one additional snack shop to walk to and you are on a1a so riding bikes by highway. We enjoy being able to walk to other restaurants, beach shops, ice cream, putt putt etc. My friend who had been 5 years previously feels the same way but everyone else loved it so we ignored her. Its nice but too quiet and not for us.

1 Like

Interesting reaction! I can see why you might get bored in that type of situation, but what you described might be exactly what others are looking for (isolation, self-contained, relaxing).

2 Likes

I 100% agree. People just need to know it is very isolated and you will drive to other options outside of the grounds

1 Like

This would definitely be a different vacation for us. We usually go to Disney and one of the reasons is to keep DD8 busy since she’s an only kid and doesn’t have a sibling to help occupy her. Since it would only be 3 or 4 days, I don’t anticipate too much wandering off the property but we would likely get a rental car anyways .

1 Like

Vero Beach seems to be most of the time easy to book at 7 months.

No, I haven’t had any trouble getting a room there but I have always gone for the Inn rooms with the two full queens. Last year I could not get an ocean view but this year I got two ocean view rooms. But I don’t use points in the classic sense I rent them thru David’s as I’m not an owner.

And yes, we adored it. It’s like Disney but you can sleep in and relax! The quality of the resort is wonderful. Both the quick service and table service are top notch food quality wise. The beach is pristine. There is a lot to do like fishing pond, hiking trails, mini golf, renting kayaks and looking for sea turtles, movies on the lawn. The Green Room is wonderful to get a balcony edge table, a cocktail and catch the sunset and then a Disney flick. It’s just absolutely wonderful. The slide is fast too. My only complaint is the I think the pool temp is too warm. The people there were old school Disney wonderful. I asked DD14 if she wanted to do WDW or Vero Beach pre-cruise in August and she said Vero Beach so if you’re there Aug 1-5 say hi!

*We rented a car, so hubby took DD to Walmart for fishing poles and they did this

2 Likes

You’re not going on the Aug. 6 Eastern Caribbean sailing, are you?

No, 5-8 Wish sailing.

Darn! I thought we might be on the same one.

I wish I could have done the Wish and the Caribbean. I wanted more days but I took what I could get, the ship was more important this go around.

Understandable. We can only afford the 7 day because this is a rescheduled cruise from 2020 and we took the 125% credit.

1 Like