Vacay (Cedar Point Trip Report)

Easy solution: livestream your trip. No need to write anything. Everyone can watch as it happens!

2 Likes

I’d spend half my time looking for power sockets to endlessly recharge my phone!

1 Like

They make pretty high capacity power banks. Stop making excuses.

1 Like

And start making money!

I’ll live stream it to a JustForFans page. $11.99 per day, or $99 for the whole trip. TP members can use code TP10 for a 10% discount at checkout.

3 Likes

Any “After 4 pm” discounts?

1 Like

Yes, $5.99. (Plus tax of course. And tip.)

1 Like

You might consider an upgrade. For an additional $39, you will do one ride/attraction of their choice.

2 Likes

Yes. I like it. Premium Membership.

Also, I could monetise Liner meets. I feel sure @SirGreggLadyV would have been happy to pay $69 (including photo) for our meet-up in December.

Maybe my Summer 2020 trip will be back on.

3 Likes

“Mousing with Matt”

mousingwithmatt.com

3 Likes

Mousing with Matt™

1 Like

Can i pay to pick what you eat for dinner?

1 Like

This is turning into I’m A Celebrity. Which may mean nothing to you. Let’s call it Fear Factor.

So, no, you can’t.

1 Like

I mean from the menu of a Disney restaurant. Not “Hey @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, go drink the water from IASW!”

1 Like

I’m still suspicious of your motives. This is some twisted plot to make me eat a green salad.

1 Like

Disgusting! That’s what food eats!

4 Likes

:rofl:

Thank you for sharing! I also have 5 kids, and took them to a Cedar Fair park recently. But mine are smaller. Cedar Point looks awesome for when they’re bigger.

We’ve done a lot of amusement parks with our kids at various ages, including CP when they were much younger. However, I actually think, overall, we prefer King’s Island to Cedar Point even though many of the coasters at CP are better. King’s Island is beautiful, but also has a great mix of rides. (Besides, who can forget the Brady Bunch episode where the kids lose Mr. Brady’s blueprints on one of the rides at that amusement park!) But, for us, King’s Island is a 5 hour drive, so we find Cedar Point easier overall.

For family friendliness, however, I think Silver Dollar City is a strong (non-Cedar Fair) winner. It just feels more like a theme park, is gorgeous, plus has a lot of great/unique rides…not to mention Marvel Cave. We were originally going to do Silver Dollar City this year, but due to our Disney trips in 2020, the SDC trip got postponed until probably 2021.

It is cute. Now that we’ve been back from CP for a couple of days, my DS9 has totally gotten into Roller Coaster Tycoon 2…but not just to build the coasters, but actually wanting to understand all the ins and outs of running the amusement park.

RCT is one of those games where days of your life can just vanish without realizing it. But, what i like about it is that is it like playing “lemonade stand on steroids.” It teaches all kinds of practical skills and instills a greater appreciation for what is actually involved in running an amusement park. (It isn’t just fun and games, as they say!)

And I’ll admit, when my son stepped away from the computer for a while, I decided to build a park myself. Two hours later, my son said to me, “Dad…can I work on my park now?”

:slight_smile:

1 Like

haha oh! Rollercoaster Tycoon! My kiddos (11 and 6) have been playing that recently, too. I remember playing the original when it came out… what, 20 years ago?
Anyway, DH took over DD6’s and made it AWESOME. Now DS11 wants his “help” too. They all get lost in the game, just like you.