Vacation Ideas besides Disney

:sob::sob::sob:

(I know where to sneak in, though). :wink:

I do understand why they’re doing it. The surrounding towns can’t possibly handle the influx of potentially sick people. More than twice as many people as live in my state visit YNP every year.

Maybe this will be over by peak visiting season. We’ll see.

2 Likes

I was planning a trip to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone for end of July/early August. DH’s dream trip. I get it on the Disney thing though - DH not up for it very often - I’d go every year if I could

3 Likes

I kind of thought they’d close facilities, but leave the actual park open. However, the park service tends to assume people are idiots, so I shouldn’t be surprised by this.

There are two places we should be able to drive through, though- one down 191 on the west side, and from Mammoth to Cooke City through the Lamar Valley, though they could restrict that to residents. I hope the rangers don’t act like power-mad jackboots like they did during the fiscal shut-down ten years ago. They wouldn’t even let you STOP and LOOK. At the mountains. That are owned by you. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yosemite and Sequoia would be easy to do in one trip. I live smack dab between the two.

3 Likes

Lots of good hiking in both. Was there a few years ago. I think we spent just over a week between the 2.

1 Like

Well I live in Virginia, so if the hotels/lodging places are closed, it ain’t happening

2 Likes