V&A's dress code — advice?

I know. I thought we had all agreed that @profmatt was going to channel his inner Earl of Grantham and wear a REAL dinner jacket. Sad times.

3 Likes

@profmatt GREAT NEWS! At Belk they’re currently on a buy 1, get 2 free special!

2 Likes

I re-read the dress code*, and you cannot go trouser-less. Your two options are:

• Dinner jacket with dress pants
  • Slacks and shoes

Shirts are apparently not required, nor shoes if you are wearing a DJ…

*“Men must wear dinner jackets with dress pants or slacks and shoes. Ties are optional.”

8 Likes

9 Likes

Oh boy. Here we go again…

:wink:

1 Like

See, this is what happens when you go away for a weekend… I come back and find I’ve missed all the fun.

I need to know, please, where these photos are! I’ve tried searching but short of actually stalking you and finding every one of your posts I’m drawing a blank.

See, the thing is I agree. Daniel really has let himself go a bit and I think it would help to see what he could look like if he made a bit of an effort. Let’s face it, he’s going to need to have a beach-ready body before becoming a dad (maybe that’s why he’s looking a bit, um, less Bond-like).

Please can you post the link again? I know I saw someone did (@OBNurseNH perhaps?). It’s driving me insane here - and that really is saying something on one of your threads!

1 Like

Look in the thread about “Tips…as in the money kind”

1 Like

Ah, thanks! I was trying to look for likely named threads … :grinning:

That was your first mistake :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Ah ha - that’s why I never saw the photos of (ahem) @profmatt. I avoid tipping threads like the plague, as they tend to go south very fast.

1 Like

Yes, well. That thread did. In more ways than one.

3 Likes

Brilliant!

:joy: :joy:

The 31" waist for my husband (and 29" for my brother) is definitely an issue… I feel your pain. My brother has good luck at stores targeted for teens (like Hollister). I don’t think my husband would set foot in one.

I used to get away with shopping in the young men’s section. But I’m 45 years old now. When I dress in the clothes meant for teens and twenties, I just look like a man having a midlife crisis. :slight_smile:

And now I know to steer clear! Why is it that people don’t want to do what I want them to do?!?! I am the queen of the internet, after all. They should know that.

My husband is almost 44 and I remember the time he went to get a haircut and they gave him that look where the front is like 1/2-3/4 of an inch longer so you can kind of spike it in the front… Yeah, I made him go back and get that fixed pronto. :joy:

2 Likes

Well, I don’t have any social media (by choice), so I missed the memo (tweet/post/whatever) on that one. Perhaps others did was well. But now I know!

:smiley:

I mean, I’m not unreasonable. We seemed to agree. Others need to get with the program. Maybe you were just patronizing me but…doubtful.

Now to polish my crown.