Uuugghhhhhh Anker charger

I’m having serious issues with my new phone. My Anker powerbank cord also doesn’t fit my phone now. Can I just use my Samsung charger cable with it? After ChefTodd’s burst into flames I am a little wary.

We interchange all cables that fit without issues.

In case it’s helpful, we are really hard on our cables, so Santa brought everyone a pair of “UNBREAKcable” cables off Amazon to fit their primary device for Christmas 2019 and they all are still surviving (except for a couple that went MIA, but no breakage).

4 Likes

That’s good to know. I don’t have any time to order anything now. I guess I’ll just bring it and my regular charger too.

1 Like

I ordered Amazon Anker delivery to my resort last trip after I forgot my charger entirely. Easy peasy!

2 Likes

I buy USB-C charging cables from Dollar Tree. Never had an issue. I wouldn’t do the same with iPhone cables, because Apple is very particular.

Ooohhhh Dollar Tree is right beside the gas station so I can stop on the way to the airport. Thanks

1 Like

a related topic? One to charge them all: EU demands single plug for phones (apnews.com)

4 Likes

I used to use dollar tree cables with my Anker charger all the time, but I stopped when I upgraded my phone to the S21 bc they don’t support the ultrafast charging well at all. I actually now have Anker cords with kevlar.

1 Like

Oh, that could be true. I don’t generally need fast charging, so I have never paid attention to that!

1 Like

Found cords from Monoprice to be sturdy. They also have power banks.

1 Like

I get frequently annoyed by that. Doesn’t anyone remember that U is for Universal? Grumble, grumble. Get off my lawn!

2 Likes

I love that places like the EU does things to watch out for residents :wink: unlike the wild wild west’s free for all.

Pretty much the entire industry has been switching over to USB-C for quite some time…including Apple (at least with their tablets). The EU is just making into law what was already the trend anyhow.

3 Likes