Using gift cards to pay for my room and online check in

On our recent visit, we were in the lobby and poised to head to our room as we got a surprising early text. Having no real idea of the layout of the BC we were kind of trying to figure out which way to head to actually find said room when a CM asked if we needed help. I said something about our room “allegedly” being ready and he offered to check and setup our Magic Band pins which we had set in 2015 on our last trip (and thought we remembered, but…). This was very nice to ensure we were all setup and we also got a map. Bonus was we got some Disney Birthday magic with some bonus FPs which made our early touring really easy…

Stopping by the lobby let some of that Disney Magic flow our way in this case which was awesome…

2 Likes

Not arguing for or against anything. Just pointing out what I see as some pros and cons.

Sure you can. But if you intend to use the front desk anyway I fail to see what you gain from online check-in. No skin off my tail either way, though.

Even after you’ve had a room assigned there’s nothing that says you can’t go to the front desk to request a different one. I’ve only done that if there was something major wrong with the room (like once in Las Vegas, where the sink in a room at Caesars was missing the drain pipe), but you wouldn’t be any more of a bother to the folks at the front desk if you walked up and said that you’d like to change rooms to be closer to the bus stop.

Heck, most of the times I’ve done online check-in, I didn’t get the room ready text, so I had to go to the desk anyway.

1 Like

I said that too. Nothing prevents you from going to the front desk. :slight_smile:

1 Like