Upgrading Tickets to AP

Say we upgrade to APs on Day 1 or Day 2 will all of our photos taken by Disney photographers before the upgrade go directly into the free MM?

No first hand experience on this one but lots of liners are reporting yes!

Be careful with you ticket! Although I too will advise to use it once to try to bridge it- make sure you do not use the waterpark entry unless you want the AP with the water parks .

1 Like

Oh good catch @PrincipalTinker!

Obviously I am no expert on the upgrading of the ticket (Started the thread!) but your photos will be fine. Everything is attached to your MDE and MM only really is applicable to whether you can DL the pics for ‘free’ or if you have to pay for them. So your pics will be available on your account and once you have your AP with MM included you will be able to DL.

Just wanted to update you guys. I did the upgrade on Saturday…all went as planned, got the rate ‘bridged’ to that of Disneys price for the 5 day hopper I had purchased after using the ticket for 1 day. I did ask the CM what the policy was and he said it was basically at the CM’s discretion as to whether they will bridge the price or not. But it was his opinion that those CM’s that don’t are not giving good ‘Disney service’ and that if in the future (unless policy changes) if anyone gives you hassle simply say good day and go to another GR office…he said that all CM that he works alongside would never refuse to bridge but he said CM’s are ‘within their rights’ not to.

Huge thanks to you all for offering advice on this and saving me a few bucks. Special thanks to @AuntB_luvsDisney @mousemom2 @scrapper1617

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting back! The details you have provided are very helpful!

Yes, Thank you for letting us know. It’s helpful to hear that it’s up to each CM how they want to handle it. It also explains why it works for some and not for others.

1 Like

Happy to help, I have to say…I dont think it should be something to advertise people do to save a few bucks…I am sure if it becomes a regular thing they will clamp down. But yes, the CM basically said its at their discretion (and that those that refuse are rare).

1 Like

Additional: This didnt affect me as I was staying on property but the CM I spoke to asked about my parking situation ‘have you paid for parking today sir?’ and it seemed he would have been happy to refund the parking fee if I had been staying off property.

Not that surprising, but I thought it may be useful for some to know that you wont have to pay to park to visit the GR office if you are off property and upgrading. Of course there is always the alternative of going to GR at Disney Springs

1 Like

I recently bought a 4 day PH and got three free days from Boardwalk Ticketing (after comparing prices on the Touring Plan site). If I want to upgrade this ticket to an AP, will Disney start with their price for a 7 day Park Hopper ticket or just their price for a 4 day PH?

Check out @mousemom2 definitive answer to this question earlier in the thread…

I believe the 7 day hopper after you use a single day to lock in the "Disney " price