UPDATE! Got an 8:20 H&V res!

I love that they gave you paper FPs! It kind of stinks how much of your day is taken up by the signup process before the actual experience itself! Having to show up for the “training” about 20-30 minutes prior to showtime really tacks time on the the whole thing. When you add the signup process to that it’s 1.5-2 hrs of your day, that’s why I’trying to investigate and be as efficient as possible lol.

If necessary I could go check in at the restaurant while my husband stays in Jedi signup line w/ the kids or vice versa. We’ve done it once before, but did not have quite as early of an ADR. We had a 10:15 H&V and when arrived at HS 5 minutes before park opening (9) and I took the bag to the bag check line while DH went to the no-bag line w/ kids…got through and they walked with major purpose to Jedi signup (this is back when it was in the other place, can’t think of the name, before Indiana Jones Outpost). They got in line as soon as they could get there, and we got spots for them later in the day but it was hectic and we barely made our ADR, it took an hour or so for the whole process. I just don’t know if it’s realistic or not to expect to be done in time for a reservation 10 minutes after park opening! I’m really torn between my 9:10 and 10:30 reservations! If we can get in a few minutes before opening to knock out the signup and check in for our ADR I think we’d prefer that simply because we’re not spending the first hour of park time waiting in a line, then heading to breakfast before any actual touring. But I still can’t decide lol.

We did an 8am breakfast on a 9am park opening day in September. A CM from the restaurant did check you in with a tablet prior to entering the park, so I doubt they would let you in before 8:30 with a 9:10 ADR and maybe not until rope drop. We were able to sign up for JTA before breakfast. We were near the windows and rope drop was let in at around 8:45. There were people running to JTA sign ups.

So you made the 9am ADR after signing up beforehand?

We had an 8am ADR. They let us in around 7:45/7:50am. I took my kids to sign up for JTA and my husband checked in at the restaurant. I was first in line to sign up and we had plenty of time.

Nice!

If you get to HS by around 8am, are near the front of the crowd, and walk with purpose to JTA sign ups, then you should be near the front of the line and could make your 9:10 ADR.

Thanks! I can say with reasonable certainty though that we won’t be there at 8 am lol. Definitely before 9, maybe even 8:30. I just can’t see us on the bus from WL before 8.

If the big worry is being late for your ADR, I wouldn’t sweat it - we were late to several breakfasts on our last trip and got in with no issues. One was pre-RD due to travel issues (monorail to Epcot wasn’t running from TTC so we had to conjure up a bus), and the other 2 because we did the Safari & 7DMT before heading to the ADR and ended up a little late due to ride and line length respectively. In none of the 3 was it an issue at all - we might have had to wait a few extra minutes for Crystal Palace, maybe, but we also needed a table for 7 that day which was likely as much of the wait as our tardiness. Anyway - I wouldn’t worry about being late and signing up for Jedi Training is a great excuse.

Now I might prefer the 10:15 ADR anyway as you could sign-up for Jedi and then do TSMM and/or Star Tours before the ADR as the early morning is prime time to ride with short lines…

I agree with @AuntB_luvsDisney. I am not confident that they will let you in early and I do not think they will count you as “checked in” if your whole party is not at H &V- too much stress for me!

This is exactly why I haven’t decided yet/canceled the 10:30 yet…lol.

1 Like

This entire conversation is making me very anxious. We do not have ADR for breakfast at HS but JTA is super high on the list for my kids. Any recommendations on how to make this happen? Show up at rope drop and … any other tips? Thank you!

Be very early to rope drop,line up to the far left, Walk with purpose and you should be fine!

2 Likes

Yep… be at the front of the herd and for HS that means being there very early. The crowd builds faster there than at any other park. I’d say get there at least an hour before opening.

3 Likes

Thank you! Will do!

9 a.m.

1 Like

Signup was very quick for us. We waited maybe 2 minutes.

1 Like

OK can anyone verify if I have an 8:20 am H&V ADR now, for a 9 am park opening day should I be able to get in around 8 or so and sign up for JTA before breakfast?