Upcoming Trip 8/13-8/21

Welcome to the forum from behind the curtain!

2 Likes

What is BG1?

Happy Disney-eve… wishing you safe, smooth, and uneventful travels tomorrow!

4 Likes

Never mind. I googled it and got my answer. Too complicated for me.

1 Like

There is a thread (pinned) in the LaCava category of this forum. It has videos in the first post (that is the only post you need to read). Try to set it up. If you have an issue ask on that thread. Most likely you will get it right away (I didn’t). It makes getting LLs much easier to navigate.

3 Likes

After watching the video it was much easier to set it up than I expected after initially reading all the steps.

2 Likes

Bring athlete’s foot cream. I couldn’t get any at the resort or at the parks. My son and I were dying after our feet got soaked and we had to stay in our shoes. He switched to Tevas and socks after two days.

We went to the parks for 5 days and didn’t use our 6th day as we were done. We loved it at night when it was cooler.

We got up early and then napped when the skies opened up. We also hit the pools when it was raining but there was no lighting.

Take the boat at the end of the day when you don’t feel like walking.

We had no trouble with G+ and rode everything we wanted at a reasonable time. We bought LL for Avatar because only 2/5 wanted to do it. We bought LL for Epcot’s new coaster but then also rode it for free with the 1pm line. We did the cool ride at HS by jumping in line at 8:59 pm. Star Wars something. lol

Start before 7 am because my cell wasn’t right on. Use data rather than wi fi if you can.

Real ponchos are much better than the cheapie ones. Bring something to air dry them with in the hotel. We have an IKEA drying rack that hangs. Also useful for swim suits.

Have a great time!

2 Likes

We arrived at Yacht Club at 3pm today.

Went to DHS at 5:15. We stacked LLs all day starting with SDD at 7am.

Between 5:30-9 we did:

Star tour standby with no wait
MFSR. LL
SDD. LL
TSMM. LL
RNR. LL
MMRR. LL
TOT x 2 standby no wait either time at end of night.

Double tap worked for us. We hit every ride except ROTR (which we will buy at some point this week) and ASS in 3.5 hours with no waits over 8 minutes. G+ is incredible when you can stack all day for an evening in the park. BG1 is insanely easy to use. Rebooked once with ease.

10 Likes

Nice work!

Wow, great. So you booked 2 LL’s for different attractions at the exact same time? I cannot believe that works. It doesn’t work for the VQ.

3 Likes

Yeah, used two phones. I personally hit confirm (both using BG1) at the same exact moment and I got both.

6 Likes

That sounded so farfetched when I originally read it in the other thread that I dismissed the idea of trying it. So glad (and irritated now) that it worked.

3 Likes

Did double tapping only work for the first time that day or did you do it every time you were eligible?

1 Like

I didn’tdo it at 7am because I only wanted LL after 5pm. So I waited until later in the day and it worked in the afternoon.

2 Likes

Double tap again this morning using Merlock at MK. No issues.

Started PP at rope drop, then BTM with no wait, Splash 20 minute wait, rode JC with LL then double tap and got Pirates and Space LLs while in JC line. Used both and SB for Mon Inc laugh floor

Heading back to Yacht for a swim and stacking LLs for tonight back to MK.

4 Likes

Are you able to use “yesterdays” LL at ANY park, or does it need to be in the same park?
TIA
Also,
What is Merlock?

You will generally have to tell GS which park you want the Anytime to be valid for. It will say on the pass what attractions it is eligible for. Be aware that sometimes they will make you choose a specific attraction when you switch it over.

Go to the La Cava section of this forum and look for the pinned thread on “BG1.” Merlock is a nickname for a tool developed by a Liner that has an improved user interface for Genie+.

2 Likes

Quick question - were two different users signed in to BG1 to do this, or was it one user signed in to both at the same time?

1 Like

That wasn’t me, it was @vedder32 who did it. I was just expressing my jealousy that I dismissed the idea and it worked for him.

2 Likes

Yes, I used two different users.

Hello. Quick question…did you try double tapping for different parks? If so, did one have to be past 2pm to accommodate park hopping?

Thank you