Upcoming March trip/ Question on Citricos

Ok, so we are heading back down in March and will be doing a weird split stay over 12 days. I have in-laws for the first two days at FW Campground and then we are doing 2 days at Poly for some R&R/Pool time and then the next 8 at CBR (first time there). Wife and I were going to do a date night dinner at Citricos and wondered what everyone thought? We have not been there so that is why we were giving it a shot. We have other dinners scheduled at Topolino’s, Ohana and CG as far as resort rez’s go. Should we choose this over let’s say Steakhouse 71? I am just not sure on this one.

Have never heard anything but exceptional reviews on Citricos and I think it would make a lovely date night from everything I’ve heard. Definitely over Steakhouse71

3 Likes

Thanks for the reassurance. I like the subtle Mary Poppin’s theming and the menu looks pretty solid.

1 Like

S71 is definitely not date night caliber, but Citricos gets rave reviews.

1 Like

I went to Citricos in September. The food was great. I would return. It is not my favorite signature but you will enjoy it.

3 Likes

We had a fantastic date night dinner at Citrico’s in October. We are planning on doing it again when just the two of us take a trip in May.

2 Likes

What is your fav? We have always enjoyed CG. I think I would rate it my fav. V&A isn’t open so I can’t put that in here right now. But we have had some great meals at Topolino’s and Le Cellier as well. Jiko and Tiffin’s were solid. But I always go back to CG I guess for the fireworks/view as well.

I love CG but Jiko or Flying Fish would be my preferred location for a quiet great dinner. We realized at one point we eat at Tiffins a lot!

2 Likes

So I have to ask since I haven’t been there yet, what is the issue with S71? Glad to have good advice to stay away for date night. But can anyone expound? Environment not great? Food just ok? Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with it at all it’s just not on the same level as like Citricos or Narcoossees or Cali Grill which are often referred to as date night spots. It’s fine, but not special. For a date night I’d want more than fine you know? It’s a good value though, especially for lunch.

3 Likes

Good answer. I get that.

2 Likes

We went to both Steakhouse 71 and Citricos on our December trip. Steakhouse 71 was great. Lovely service, good food, not signature.

We went to Citricos for New Years Eve. I love Mary Poppins and just loved the renovation. It is beautiful but not so fancy you feel out of place. Service was friendly and fantastic. The food was good and pretty. Great date night spot!

2 Likes

Did Citricos as a date night in December… loved it! Would go back again after trying other “date night spots”.

2 Likes

What about Narcoosees? It’s very pretty on the water, you can see the fireworks at MK and the electric water parade. Fancy w/ dress code. Good food, nice atmosphere.

2 Likes

We saw a marriage proposal 2 tables from us when I went with DSIS in December!

2 Likes

We have done Narcoosees a couple of times for dinner. It is great to walk out to the dock area and watch the fireworks. And the seafood is good there.

1 Like

There’s a reason they call it the Grand Flo and a reason it has 2 signature and 1 super signature restaurants.

But if the Flo’s location doesn’t fit into your evening, then Flying Fish is equally up to the task.

4 Likes

Another vote for Citrico’s; we had an anniversary dinner there and both the food and service were outstanding. FWIW I was less than impressed with Narcoossee’s. I made the mistake of ordering steak, and it was sub-par compared with any other “signature” steak that I’ve had. DWs seafood pasta, however, was quite good. But this was after what was the worst day I had ever spent in WDW, so my attitude was not especially good. But watching the fireworks from the deck was very nice. Jiko and CG are two of my all time favorites; I haven’t been to FF since the remodel, so I can’t really comment on that.

2 Likes

I had the same substandard steak experience at Narcoossees, but all the seafood dishes were great.