Upcoming big blended family trip - logistics/park tickets questions

We are going Home in October, and will be the first trip with my new wife’s and my kids all together (they are 30, 29, 25, 21). They are each likely bringing their significant others, so we will be 9-10 of us total. With such a big group, we’ve opted to rent an AirBnB close by, rather than stay on-site, which is normally our preference (the full place for 10 of us is less than 1 room for 2 at Coronado Springs for the same stay). My questions revolve around park tickets and reservations. 1 or more of the party members will not be available for the full stay, so will be joining us at various points along our 6 park days. I’d like to go ahead and buy the park tickets now for at least the 7 of us who will be there for the full 6 days, and get started making park reservations, but I don’t know if I then later buy tickets for the late-arrivers for less park days, if it will mess up any integration because I didn’t buy them all, and link them, at the same time. Any gotchas I should be aware of in this area?

The only problem I could see is if park reservations run out by the time the remaining people buy their tickets, but I really doubt that will happen.

1 Like

Thanks @LTinNC82! Further questions for anyone: we’re going to buy Genie+ and use Lightning Lane and probably Individual Attraction functionality, which is all new to me since the last time we went. Any concerns on that front either, in the above scenario?

1 Like

No you just all need to be linked as friends and family and have the same APRs.

3 Likes

We do this all the time - we rarely stay onsite, and you can manage everything you want to do through the mobile app - tickets and dining reservations, etc. You do not need to have tickets in hand or even an onsite reservation for any of this, you just will have to wait until reservations for these things are open to you as an off-site guest.

1 Like

You’ll have no issues. For Genie+ you pick your planning group so it can be whomever from MDE.

The link scanning has simplified adding people to MDE . My trip in January, had 4 different groups with some crossover for ride bookings and we had no problems. We just made sure whoever was booking had all the people they needed.

1 Like