Unusual preparations for WDW

Funny enough I’ve never considered you might be a VS kind of consumer.

1 Like

To respond to the original inquiry:

I can’t think of anything I do that would be unusual. I verify we have what we need in our Disney Box(es), check clothing and update as needed, pack, arrange for cat sitter and mail retrieval, adjust temperatures, alarm systems, etc.

All pretty usual.

2 Likes

I actually was thinking earlier that I must go and buy new underwear for the trip :joy: 2 weeks worth is a lot of undies, especially if you’re showering during your afternoon break.

4 Likes

This year I may make an appointment for false eyelashes (just a demi set). I haven’t had them since DS2 (turning 7 this upcoming trip) was born. The anesthesiologist complimented me on my lashes in the middle of my C-section. LOL.

How can I justify a new laptop?

Other than that it’s just strategically scheduling my hair appointment so the greys are covered.

3 Likes

This is “unusual”?

I think we need to determine what IS usual then.

Is this the baseline? Cause I do agree this is pretty standard (just change “cat” to “pet”). Only thing is I’d also add purchase snacks for travel.

(hah, I even have a “disney box” too!)

Get woke. :rofl:

3 Likes

Don’t forget about the end of the day shower after a long day in the parks. You might need an extra suitcase.

1 Like

Once you add the bras in, it’s a definite.

On our most recent trip in April we left one kid behind because he was at college. I made full on preparations in the event our plane went down in flames and his entire family, including grandmother, perished. I sat down with a trusted friend, told her where all the important papers were, gave her all the passwords to all the things, explained that two corporations would need to be dissolved, etc. It was a ridiculous conversation, to be sure. But completely necessary.

6 Likes

That’s a little bit weird. But my parents did the same when the second Max 8 (??) plane crashed. They were due to fly on one the next day. In the event the planes were grounded anyway.

1 Like

Sure. And here I trusted you all when you told me flying is safer than driving. Did you NOT have this conversation each time you walked out the door to drive somewhere?

1 Like

Flying is safer than driving. Plus, it’s rare that we are all driving in the same car together. We don’t fit. And the likelihood that we would all perish in an accident is much lower in the car than a plane. In a plane for sure we’re all goners. In a car the person in the middle of the back seat has a much better chance of survival than the others. Either way, now she knows all the things, so I never have to have that conversation again. :slight_smile: I don’t know what triggered me to do that for this trip. We left the other son home 2x for Disney trips and it never crossed my mind to make preparations. He must be more responsible and self sufficient or something. Maybe the difference between the first born and middle child? probably.

1 Like

My irrational fear started the day I was at Tampa international and Heathrow was bombed. That flight home was the WORST EVER.

You better be right. I’m flying out on a plane for the first time in 24 years in exactly 1 week. :grimacing:

If I die, I’m totally blaming you!

2 Likes

no pressure. I’ll employ all of my woo woo psychic abilities to make sure your plane stays in the air. you’ll be fine! I found that to reduce the anxiety of spending all my time mentally keeping the plane in the air, I have to majorly distract myself. My favorite thing to do is take pictures out the window. I can’t even tell you how many cloud from above images I have on my hard drive.

I didn’t even know Heathrow had been bombed. In my defence, I think that was the week I found out I was nearly 5 months pregnant when I thought I was 2 months.

2 Likes

Oh great. Now I’m in trouble.

I have an aisle seat.

oh, no. I’m wrong. It wasn’t actually bombed. It was the thwarted bomb attack in 2006. Almost bombed. Not the same thing. :woman_facepalming: Still the longest flight ever home. I live just outside NYC. Totally freaked me out. as one does.

1 Like

Oh it actually was bombed by the IRA in 1994.

boyfriend, switch with one of your 8,000 kids.

3 Likes

Oh, I totally would. Only, this trip is just me and my brother. And he has the OTHER aisle seat across from me. :slight_smile:

I’m doomed.