Unusual items to pack

I’m making my packing list. I’ve got all the usual things but am trying to think outside the box of things I want to bring. I decided I’m going to buy the girls a rechargeable glow in the dark necklace so we don’t have to buy the expensive glow necklaces they sell in the park. What are some of the more unusual things you pack?

1 Like

I pack glow in the dark stuff from the dollar store.
Sharpies and masking tape and small plastic cups for our park bag.
A blanket that folds up smaller than a handkerchief

1 Like

Depending on the age of your children, I like to pack a compact foldable stool to use at the sink in the hotel room so they can easily brush their teeth or wash their hands.

5 Likes

I have a portable printer I take with my laptop so I can print off my touring plans. This year, however, I used the app, so the printed version was more a comfort for me and a guide when I messed up my online touring plan by pressing optimize by accident.

I also bring instant coffee and sugar so we can have our morning coffee right away without stopping at Starbucks at RD.

1 Like

Maybe not so unusual, but I packed a beach mat I got for free from the Disney Movie Club. It makes a really nice cushion to sit on for a wait at any outdoor show. I pack a lot of stuff I know longer think is unusual because of Liners :slight_smile:

1 Like

Large chip clip to hold curtains closed tight for sleep-in days or naps

8 Likes

That’s an awesome idea! I didn’t know that such things existed. Where do you find them? Last year I brought some regular glow necklaces and bracelets, and a lot broke and lost their glow in the luggage.

Next time, I plan to pack quarters and pennies for the pressed penny booths. My kids loved them, and we didn’t have nearly enough change with us last time.

2 Likes

Disney stickers, temporary tattoos, and extra glow jewelry. DD likes to share them with kids in the parks. Dollar Tree has Disney glow wands and jewelry for sale here, big glow stick with a shaped topper, or tiaras with snap on glow sticks.

3 Likes

I am getting them from amazon - there are lots of varieties but i liked this one.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FSHXT89/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A3BF8GG3ERPHCH&psc=1

1 Like

disney stickers are a great idea! will have to do this

When I clicked on the link and saw a dog, I did a double take. I already have dog tags that I printed our phone numbers on to attach to the kids shoes. (They have sensitive skin so I didn’t want to go the safety tattoo route.) I also have one of those kid leashes from our trip to Yellowstone (probably not bringing it this time, but still). All I need is the glowing dog necklace, and it’s official, I consider my kids to be my pets! :blush:

2 Likes

I am packing a small collapsible bin (think dollar store) for each kid so they can keep their surveniers all together throughout the week. It never fails, my kids always lose or forget something special in the room.

1 Like

Here is my very own packing list:

packing list.pdf (373.5 KB)

The things on it which one might think are unusual or not usually thought of include:
beach bag
eyeglass repair kit
safety pins/sewing kit

Something not on the list that I bring whenever I can if it’s the whole family is a drying rack. The one I have takes just a few minutes to assemble and rests against the wall (I usually place it in the tub, or over a towel on the bathroom floor. I bring this because drying swimsuits is a ridiculous challenge with the one single little retractable clothesline (which isn’t even in every room anymore, after refurbs, I don’t think). It’s lightweight and fits in my large suitcase.

1 Like

I wonder if i can train one of mine to do this. Their little fingers are probably better for holding those tiny screws!

1 Like

Editing…

Getting my nails did today - need them shortened a bit. Not sure how people type accurately with long nails. Mine get even a smidgy bit past the ends of my fingers and I start saying all kinds of interesting things!

2 Likes

Can you share a pic or a link to the blanket you are referencing? Sounds great!

Like this one.
https://smile.amazon.com/MIU-COLOR-Beach-Blanket-Mat/dp/B07BRWXF8L/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=tiny+folding+blanket&qid=1553353470&s=gateway&sr=8-5

1 Like

I like this blanket. I wonder if I could use it to drape over our stroller if DS2 is napping. If I got a light color maybe it wouldn’t get too hot.

1 Like

We always bring a sharpie (souvenir plushes can immediately get “if found” info.), twist ties, zip ties, and masking tape. There are untold random times we need to hold things together in some way, shape, or form.

1 Like