Unused tickets from 1991

So my mom found 2 adult and one child ticket from 1991. They’re 4 day tickets with one unused day on each. They don’t have an expiration date but it says they must be used by the same person. Being as I was ten and my wife was 5 we obviously weren’t the adults and my being negative 22 my now 5 year old son wasn’t the child. What are the odds these tickets will work?

FYI they were $106 for the adults and $83 for the child for 4 Parks.

2 Likes

You can definitely use them! We had some like that, and our child had become a teenager/young adult. GS at MK swapped them out for all adult PH tickets, each with the appropriate remaining days (some had 2 days, some had 1). The old ones had no way to link to a specific person, so no ID was needed to exchange them. They gave us new ticket cards to use, but I’m sad we don’t have those old date-stamped tickets as souvenirs.

I suggest calling to see if you must exchange them in person, or not. If you must do it in person, I hope you get a chance to stop by GS (such as at DS) months before the trip you plan to use them, so you can make advance FPP.

2 Likes

Yes, unexpired tickets are still valid!

Last November we exchanged two 1989 passes for MGM Studios for 2 Magic Your Way non-park-hopper tickets. Dad found them in an old scrapbook from our trip in May '89 (when the park opened!).

Have to do it in person at a Guest Services ticket window; we did it at the TTC.

Because it must be done in person, you therefore can’t add the tickets to your MDE and use those days for FastPasses.

Worth noting: As long as the name on the ticket matches the name of the person trading them in – meaning, you’re family – there shouldn’t be an issue.

Saved my parents about $200.

I’m not worried about fast passes the day I’ll use those old tickets. I plan on asking the kids what park they liked the most and going our last day.