Unofficial Guide for Washington DC

I asked this question under the Washington DC category, but no one replied. The latest version I can find for the DC Guide was published in 2019. Any updates planned or published since then? Thanks!

1 Like

Let’s tag @len to ask.
Most of us users won’t have that kind of intel

1 Like

Oooh, we are going there next summer. There is an Unofficial Guide? I’m not going to plan that until this summer’s vacation is over. but I’ll follow along your planning.

1 Like

TP also has a whole (free) section on DC. Washington, D.C.

3 Likes

Thanks! That is nifty. Only time I’ve been there was a long weekend during a work trip. Unfortunately it was Memorial Weekend when most things were closed. So, I add an “-ish” when I say I’ve been there.

1 Like

I was there for an Anniversary trip in June of 2019 - had a wonderful time and didn’t get to half of all the things.

1 Like

I think that was the last version. I know Renee was working on something in 2020, so I’d expect something to be out either late this year or early next.

1 Like

Thank you.

We went summer 2019. I found some amazing food options. Let me know if you want pics/ideas. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We liked Dubliner near Capitol Hill, Zaytinyas, and to a lesser extent Succotash. Old Ebbitt was overpriced and bland, and we were very hungry at Pi Pizza.

1 Like

Thanks! Not really sure if we are going, but the kids have a week between Spring and Summer semester/internship that we are trying to plan something for. They don’t want to go back to WDW…

1 Like

We’re in the metro area, so if you have questions I’m happy to see if i can help!

1 Like

Me too, but nobody ever posts in the DC section so I forget to check!

2 Likes

I got to-go from Pi Pizza back in November and thought it was delicious! Lots of gluten-free options, which is almost always a win in my book. I’m fairly picky with gluten-free foods and this one was great. I’d get it again, though it was a little pricier than I’d like. We also went to Ella’s Wood Fired Pizza. Both were delicious. Can’t remember now which I liked better.

1 Like

I remember we liked it as well, but I also remember being completely wiped out when we ate there and probably would have eaten the cardboard box.

3 Likes

I don’t recall all of the specifics, but I do remember getting a half and half pizza of some sort. And the roasted garlic spread for the bread was delicious. I think I drank a pitcher of water myself.

Thanks for posting this! I’m also looking at visiting and was wondering how out of date the info is. I’m sure the last few years have changed things a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unusual for DC attractions to be closed on Memorial Day Weekend

The Hamilton is a better choice these days.

There is the original Jaleo downtown, magical Ramen at Daikaya Ramen Shop, Hill Country BBQ and Rosa Mexicana are some of my favorites.

1 Like

Wow, thanks everyone! I am always so amazed at how willing people on this forum are to help and give good advice! :heart: