Universal Trip Report- The One Where we Upgrade to APs for free!

Our Portofino room was great! We were told daily room cleaning was only on request bc of covid. We requested it. HRH is under construction, so there didn’t seem to be many people staying there )based on the wait for the water taxi).

1 Like

When you were offered to upgrade to annual passes for free, did they explain why it was free? I’ve also bought my family’s upcoming Universal trip through Costco and we are considering trying to upgrade one of our tickets to an AP when we get there so we can get AP hotel rates, parking discount, and meal discounts. We bought our park passes when they were on buy 3 days get 2 free promo.

2 Likes

It was because the rack rate for our tickets was the same as the Seasonal Pass ($349 or $399?) It didn’t matter what I paid for them through Costco :blush: Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hmm, I wonder if they’d value my tickets based off of the 3 days that I paid for or the 5 days that I got (buy 3 get 2 free). I’ll make some phone calls and see what I can find out.

1 Like

Ours were straight 3 day/2 park passes, so that’s the value we got. It probably depends on what your tickets say? Also, I wouldn’t necessarily bank on what you’re told over the phone to be the same as what you’re told at the counter. They mean well, but if there’s any room for interpretation you may get two different answers.

1 Like

Often 3+ day tickets at UOR will cost about the same as the Seasonal Pass, so it is worth asking. However, be aware of blackout dates for the Seasonal pass. But as long as your days going to UOR do not fall on blackout dates, you might find the upgrade worth asking about. I know there has been at least one reported cause where upgrading their tickets actually got them a REFUND because the Seasonal Pass was actually cheaper!

3 Likes