Universal Studios

While I’ve pretty much bought into WDW for life, I first visited WWoHP in 2015 (after a lengthy UOR drought) and now like to revisit for 2 - 3 days each year. It’s addicting. While I love some of the other attractions, my main focus is Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley. Even though it’s pricey for park-to-park tickets, I highly recommend it for all Potterheads. There’s nothing like grabbing a Butterbeer, casting a spell, and hitching a ride on the Hogwarts Express. It’s one of the few places I really hate to leave.

I prefer the food/theming at Three Broomsticks, but The Leaky Cauldron has one of the best Team Members on UOR property expediting seating. And if Butterbeer is too sweet for you, there are other drinks (Fishy Green Ale, Otter’s Fizzy) that taste awesome too.

I typically take Lyft rides to UOR from property (from BWV last time), and it’s relatively inexpensive for a basic car. Nice not having to get a rental car or pay for parking.

2 Likes

As you say, to each his own. And I assure you, as a fan of frozen drinks in general, I was not brainwashed into liking it. I truly enjoyed it. I have even made it at home with recipes I found online. The good news is if you don’t like it, you never have to buy it again! :wink:

I’m not questioning THAT you like it. I’m just truly wondering WHY you like it so much. I mean, if given one, I’ll drink it. But there are so many better things, so I’m just amazed that it is such a rave hit. As I said, it wasn’t just me. It was pretty much the view of my entire family (6 of us in the first trip, 5 of us this past trip).

In the four days we were there, only my daughter got it a second time…but part of that is because, due to food allergies, her guaranteed-safe options are otherwise limited.

Now, having said that, within our family, there is some disagreement as to what part of the drink is best. Half of us think that without the cream on top, there isn’t much to enjoy. The other half feels that they wish there was no cream top because they preferred the bottom. So clearly the beverage is divisive!

Getting the express pass included is a great money saving deal. We’re staying at Hard Rock for 3 nights in August and the cost of express passes for our family of 4 would be more than we are paying for the room!

1 Like

Thanks everyone… my DD has butter beer on her wish list along with a wand and a chocolate frog … park tickets are very very expensive just for one day but I couldn’t live with myself if we didn’t go :mage:t2:‍♂️

2 Likes

In the winter there is a hot version! My friends and I bought all three and it was the hands down favorite. Very rich and a great flavor.

2 Likes

I ADORE the hot version! But I think I like frozen best. I am not overly fond of the regular cold one.

2 Likes