Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

No, she can’t change her days off at this time. I mean, we could go someday but not soon. I guess we will see what happens.

2 Likes

I know the feeling! I’m going to be in panic mode until the dates are officially announced…

3 Likes

:cry: :sob: :sob:

Sorry also @magical_jo ,not sure if this also affects @FindMeAFishingSpot ,also @josephmatt you may want to update your new blog post.

4 Likes

That’s some major disappointment with not a lot of notice :disappointed:

3 Likes

I am so sorry to everyone this will affect. :disappointed: I am breathing a sign of relief at the moment and hoping it doesnt go beyond the expected dates.

1 Like

Hagrid’s is the only “new” closure update. JPRA, PF and Popeye have been scheduled for a while. They try to give about a month’s notice. That bridge isn’t aa great way to enter and it’s not ADA compliant. It’s never fun when it’s during your trip, but it has to get done soon. Definitely before the spring break crowds show up.

I know this sucks! I genuinely feel awful for you!!!

2 Likes

I’m guessing they’ll add Hulk to EPA, will keep my eye out…

1 Like

You mean @bebe80? :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t need a pity party :laughing:

1 Like

When are you going?
Will there be a TR? :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

2/24-2/27
Yes

1 Like

@bebe80

You’re getting one anyway! Now, go sit in that corner and cry if you want to!!

And you better do a TR!!!

(I’ll bribe you! If you say you’ll do a TR, either live or afterwards, I’ll go try the pizza at VB this time!!)

I’m just looking for an excuse to do it!! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

JRPA is closed for my trip next week, and if I want to go on Popeyes on my next trip, we’ll have to go right after we do the water park.

1 Like

It’s one of my favs! Thankfully it opens the day before I leave! I’ll hopefully do it at the Saturday night OIM and again on Sunday before departure!

Yes but it’s mostly the weekend and I know you don’t check in much then…

1 Like

I will for you! :wink:

2 Likes

It does - the closure starts the literal day we arrive! The boys will be sad to miss this one as it’s a favorite. But at least my nephew will be able to experience The Mummy for the first time so he has that to look forward to (assuming his grades are up and he actually gets to go!).

5 Likes

thanks for the heads up, the post somehow didn’t save correctly originally so i went in to update it and then added Hagrid.

2 Likes

Not great news for our trip. :cry: I’ve ridden it loads of times but for DD, probably the ride she wanted to ride the most. She will love Velocicoaster (which I’m sure will be absolutely packed at early entry now) but ugh. Also, that week will be so crazy busy anyway, with President’s Day and Mardi Gras crowds. Makes more sense to start it the following week but I’m not in charge lol.

Sorry also to others affected!

1 Like

To make matters worse (for Velocicoaster wait times), apparently very recently UOR has made operational changes to how they load Velocicoaster, which has caused ride capacity to drop by about 1/3!!! My wife found a YouTube video about it and showed it to me a couple days ago.

2 Likes