Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Love it! :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Will the Kung Fu Panda area still look like the George area (with the water, etc)? Or, any details on what it will be like?

Not sure of the details, but it will look altogether different because they are demolishing it and starting from scratch.

1 Like

DD6 just discovered Kung Fu Panda, and DD13 was obsessed once upon a time. :crossed_fingers: Hoping they go all out.

3 Likes

Is there any King Fu panda stuff available now?

1 Like

Not in Orlandoā€¦ Po, Kung Fu Panda, has a presence in Hollywood. You can get a pretty good idea of the direction they are going by looking at the DreamWorks IP in Hollywood

Personally, I think the coaster will just get repainted with some new signage. Also, water is always a major expense and maintenance issue at any attraction / show. I donā€™t see them bringing back a splash pad. Theyā€™ve been getting rid of them around the resort.

I did see Alicia Stella confirm that Shrek will be back. Iā€™m guessing they need to close down that area to keep it clear for construction / walls and itā€™ll reopen pretty much like it was. (unless they completely tear down the DreamWorks Destination Theater.

3 Likes

I got an e-mail asking if I wanted to go ahead & sign up for a Mardi Gras Float Ride. I didnā€™t do it last year as it was my first AP trip & I was overwhelmed. Iā€™m at USF on Mardi Gras opening night and am going to the parade.

After reading the ā€œfine printā€ seasonal APs are blacked out / canā€™t preregisterā€¦

Power APs canā€™t preregister for the first two weeks of Aprilā€¦

Hereā€™s the link for anyone interestedā€¦

Blockout Dates Reminder:

*** Power Passholders will not be able to participate April 1 ā€“ April 15, 2023.**

*** Seasonal Passholders will not be able to participate February 4, 10, 11,18,19, & 25, 2023, March 4 ā€“ 5, 2023, March 11 ā€“ March 18, 2023 and April 1 ā€“ April 15, 2023. Please enjoy the park on Mar. 31, but note that there will be no parade on that date.**

As of January 19, 11:00 AM EST, the following dates are no longer available due to maximum capacity:

The month of February, Saturdays and Sundays in March, and Saturdays and Sundays in April. Remaining dates not listed are currently available at this time, but are subject to reaching capacity.****

4 Likes

Multiple vloggers are reporting that the ā€œTechnical Rehearsalā€ signs at The Mummy are gone. Also, the Express Pass queue is available

6 Likes

When do you get there??!! We need boots on the ground.

1 Like

That was the case when I was there a couple weeks ago.

3 Likes

It just seems like itā€™s time for his next tripā€“Iā€™m not needing any more Mummy info per seā€“I always enjoy his trip reports :rofl:

4 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

@Jeff_AZ was there just yesterday. He had a very short wait :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I will be there Tuesday :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: I fit in the seat! Will at least check on express or not. We will try to at least do the tour.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be leaving on Tuesday 1/31/23! I get in a little later than Iā€™d like. However, this is an ā€œextraā€ trip so I bought a cheap flight on sale. It had to leave on a Tuesday. Plus, I only have a few vacation hours left!

Did I miss a @Jeff_AZ trip report? Iā€™ve been crazy busy this week!

5 Likes

Heā€™s in with the Uncensored, Unleashed report. Itā€™s quite good. When youā€™re a little less busy, maybe you can catch upā€“itā€™s a long, fast moving report!!

5 Likes

Does each park have an Owl Post? Do they sell stamps? Thanks.

Each park has an Owl Post. You can buy stamps and it will be postmarked from where it was sent.

They do sell stamps, but I havenā€™t seen the Harry Potter stamps since COVID

1 Like

Still on the websiteā€¦ but Iā€™ve stopped listing it on my monthly reports awhile ago.

1 Like

Thanks! I know a few people I want to send things to when we are there.

1 Like