Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Retired service members are those who did 20+ years. Hubby did 8, so we don’t get all the perks.

Retired military have access to a lot of year round discounts, but Veteran’s Day is when places roll out the red carpet to all veterans. Speaking generally, not about Universal.

4 Likes

Universal isn’t as generous to veterans as Disney is. This Freedom ticket is the BEST I’ve ever seen from them other than allowing AD a free pass on their birthdays (years ago). And when you go to activate a military ticket they are REALLY fussy and check military ID’s carefully.

1 Like

That’s something!!!

Happy Veterans Day to him!

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting on anyone to go to the Grinch breakfast as to find out the menu. I had to buy the package without anything published. Thankfully, it has “the basics”, eggs / bacon / pancakes, so my picky eater won’t just be sitting and staring at me eat!

VincentVision attended the first day and got the details. There are spoilers!

However, if you only need to know the menu I saw, but not limited, to the following foods in the video:

Eggs, Green Eggs, Ham, Tots, Queso Cheese, Sausage, Bacon, Biscuits, Breakfast Pizza, Gravy, Croissants, Fruit, Pancakes, Chicken, Waffles, Overnight Oats, Shakshuka, Baked French Toast, Doughnuts, multiple types of cookies / treats

It all looks good! I’m excited!

9 Likes

Awesome! I’m excited too.

I didn’t watch the whole thing but it looks like the same food as Ihad in 2019.

This was the best character meal I have ever been to. The video has a few different characters but I am sure you will have as much fun as I did.

Do you have a pre-rope drop time?

1 Like

Jon Self reported on the menu:

The buffet will have a fruit display, scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits & gravy, and some mini croissants. Baked French toast, chicken & waffles, overnight oats bar.

Lou Lou Who’s Green Eggs, Grinch’s Green Pancakes, green eggs & ham breakfast pizza, Cindy Lou Who’s Who Hash. The “Roast Beast” is a hickory roasted carved ham. Betty Lou Who’s Shakshuka. Shakshuka is a Middle Eastern-style dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, onion, and garlic.

Dessert-style options include “Treat for Max” cookies, green egg brownie pops, Grinch™ cookies, Grinch™ mousse cubes, red velvet hearts, and an assortment of mini muffins.

5 Likes

The Holiday Tree Hunt is $12, which includes an ornament.
The Grinch Meet and Greet is Virtual Line only. That will get booked up pretty early in the morning.

4 Likes

It looks like you pay $12 to get the ornament and get the scavenger hunt as a bonus.

I’ve seen a lot of vloggers saying they VLPs for The Grinch are gone within the first hour of park opening.

RixFlix says you can get the VLP as soon as you get through CityWalk. It’s similar to the way Hagrid’s VLP functioned.

Makes paying the $40 worth it to not have to hassle with the queue + I get breakfast! :rofl:

3 Likes

It should actually work on property, ie the Universal Hotels. But would need that confirmed…

1 Like

Universal finally posted the EPA info for USF. No Mummy :confused:, and also updated IOA through December.

3 Likes

I can’t believe Mummy is still having issues. I thought it was running well, but have seen multiple days where it is down for extended periods.

3 Likes

Told ya they still use Virtual Line. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah :smile:

Well played, sir! :rofl:

1 Like

Central Park Crepes has brought back their Thanksgiving crepe -

Turkey, Cranberries, Cornbread Croutons, Gravy

I like the idea, but that’s too much bread for me! The crepe is already massive. Adding stuffing to it must be so heavy. They say the gravy helps, but I know how messy those sauces can be in the bottom third of the cone!

3 Likes

That’s what your gloves are for!! :wink::+1:t2:

5 Likes

Universal has added a way to “reserve” a Mardi Gras float spot in advance with a meal add-on experience…

I believe you can still sign-up on the day of the parade to ride for free if there are spots open. However, you can now guarantee a spot with no wait.

For $64.99 to get a “Mardi Gras Float Ride & Dine Experience”

You get a full meal at your choice of Cowfish, Lombard’s, NBC Grill or Finnegan’s and a reserved spot on a parade float.

It will be available on the last day of my AP visits. However, I’m already doing OIM that night. I don’t need a full meal. I will include watching the parade in my plan though!!

EDIT - Confirmed…You will be able to ride on a float w/out having to buy anything. (subject to availability)

3 Likes
2 Likes

What is Earl the Squirrel from? Thanks.