Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Here’s pics from the new system today (Courtesy of ThrillGeek - check 'em out!!)

4 Likes
1 Like

oh no, something else for me to learn how to use!

1 Like

From WDW News Today:

“The “checkout” process seems to imply the virtual queue will eventually be for purchase instead of free.”

“Team Members told us that at most, guests with a virtual queue return time should only wait 20 minutes in a physical line.”

1 Like

I’m not reading much into that at this moment.

1 Like

Honestly? Probably is just for today or a very short period after then it’ll go back to normal operations (standard queue or VL through the app).

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

So many ppl don’t understand how convenient CityWalk is. Plus, all the great offerings!

3 Likes

Florida’s biggest Christian Music Festival is returning!

4 Likes
3 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m already a fan of how much better & faster Universal does their screenings versus WDW. This will only help the process!

3 Likes

Oh… I thought Disney had improved the process. Why do you think its slower than Universal? genuinely curious to know your opinion

Have you been since Disney switched to the new metal detectors? Even when arriving at rope drop, security has almost zero line. Just walk on through. Way better than it used to be.

1 Like

Yes, this. That’s why I was asking about it. I’ve not been to Universal in a minute though.

It used to be Universal’s security check was WAY more efficient than Disney’s. But after putting in the new metal detectors, Disney’s was way more efficient. Now, with Universal putting in the same style metal detectors as Disney, I think it will ultimately be a wash.

4 Likes

That’s the way I was interpreting the update. Good for Universal. I really like the streamline process at Disney!

1 Like

I haven’t been to Orlando since 2019 - due to my COVID concerns. (looks like not going anywhere until 2022 now)

Previously, the screening at Universal only took like 2 - 3 minutes because it was like going through the airport. Everything was X-Ray machines and a walk-through scanner. No one stopping and poking through bags with a stick & etc…

Also, this I like the whole City Walk set-up better. You only have to go through screening once, kinda like Disneyland too, instead of having to stop as you park hop. (I get it… WDW is too spread out for this.)

Have the new screening systems been set up at all the WDW parks? I thought it was only at AK. (I’m totally not paying as much attention to all things “theme parks” these days as my passion is fading with another looming COVID shut down, possibly, coming)

2 Likes

The new screening procedures is at all the parks and DS. Right now ppl walk through metal detectors and bags are only searched if you set off an alarm. It’s pretty streamline; love it!

1 Like

That’s so awesome! No more having to hunt down the queue that looks like it has the least amount of bags & strollers ahead of me! The whole notion that someone “poking” a stick in a bag was actually screening anything always seemed dumb & took soooooo long!

1 Like