Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

November would be good. But if you can’t do that, there is a good chance you would get a day near 80 degrees during the trip in Dec/Jan.

Hopefully they go back to the normal schedule where the water park stays open all winter. But something to pay attention to.

1 Like

How important is Volcano Bay to you?

1 Like

Maybe look into a thin wetsuit. I usually get cold if the air temp is below the 90’s after being in the water. FL is actually the only place I consistently wear shorts or capris in the summer.

1 Like

Well if Canada ever stops their mandatory post-vacation detention/quarantine that will change.

2 Likes

UOR is currently looking to hire over 1,000 restaurant workers.

Condiment bars are starting to return to quick service restaurants in the parks.

4 Likes
1 Like

Some great advice here. The one point I always struggle with is, once it starts raining, all the shops and awnings fill up really quick, so getting indoors isn’t so much about having a plan as it is being lucky to be in the right spot at the right time (or watching weather apps like a hawk so you know to head indoors before everyone else). It does help to know where the larger shops are, though.

2 Likes

In case anyone was wondering if Universal crowds were back to “normal” for summer…

https://twitter.com/AliciaStella/status/1407347139932479489

2 Likes

Mobile Ordering option has been removed from almost all restaurants. :unamused:

All I see in the parks is Leaky Cauldron and Richters

*eta: My experience was great, but I understand it doesn’t really help when it’s super busy and there are only a limited number of restaurant workers.

2 Likes

It makes total sense!

Plus, IMHO - they’ll “phase” some of these back in later in the year. I think they want to give the general public the perspective that everything is back to pre-COVID right now - especially with travel picking back up.

1 Like

That makes sense. They definitely gained research from what they got right and what they got wrong at these locations that they never offered it before and improve the MO system from there. I imagine to do it right, they would need permanent signage and even change some of the layout. I do hope some of it comes back, because many people find it convenient. And the younger generation wants the new tech options.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is weird as most locations had mobile order BEFORE the pandemic. Hmmmmm

1 Like

Hmmmm I did not realize most did previously. :thinking:

Currently, that’s the only 2 listed in USF, none in IOA, and 4 in CW.

So I asked around, this might be a temporary change to be all hands on deck for the summer crowds.

2 Likes

Thanks! Sounds like they want one simple system for now especially because there is still a shortage of employees. Covid was bad for finding workers again.

3 Likes

Fully vaccinated Team Members will no longer be required to wear face masks indoors starting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Maybe when they bring back MO, it will allow the QS plan to be used. Six Flags can do that. That was my only complaint about MO at Universal.

1 Like