Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

This seems like it is taking forever!

It was reported that The Mummy reopening was in fact delayed past the desired date because of issues with new sensors.

The plastic has been removed from the windows.

4 Likes

First reports from TM previews:

https://twitter.com/stabatme/status/1558476806805676033?s=21&t=TFMd1pX-W4Srkj1QZ8zQjw

13 Likes

More TM preview rides for Mummy today - 11am - 5pm

(It got extended until 9pm tonight)

I guess that’s better than wondering what’s going on!!

4 Likes

There are rumors about a Stranger Things house being planned (and possibly even partially built) but then Netflix pulling the rights, so that could be holding things back while they re-group. I’m annoyed that they haven’t announced Dark Arts at Hogwarts in Hogsmead yet, and also that they haven’t announced which park will be early entry for September.

Universal app shows USF only having early entry (7am) through October 31.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking on the website and they haven’t updated anything.

That happens kinda regular. Always favor the app for up to date hours etc.

3 Likes

Yeah… the app is better at pretty much everything - except making dinning reservations.

This is the month of Sept. (It got cut off in my snapshot) I checked most of the dates and they all list USF as the EPA park for Sept.

I’m waiting on this too. I actually extended my Sept. HHN trip to include a couple extra nights to try and do “nighttime” attractions instead of all HHN. This is a big deal for my bucket list. I’m hoping they’ll have the Death Eaters roaming the WWOHP as well!

Seriously though, the event is 3 weeks away and we have so little info.

I know the Evil Dead house got cancelled due to the movie being delayed. I have heard the Netflix rumors too.

2 Likes

HHN Update - Universal has dropped a “full” trailer and house descriptions on their website:

(I didn’t include, Universal Monsters / Halloween / The Weeknd / Blumhouse as those were announced weeks ago)

4 Likes

So it’s very similar to the last spec map. I’m good with this… my niece was really hoping for Stanger Things, but when I showed her the spec map she got excited about the Bugs, the Chupacabra, and the witches (once I explained what a coven was). I usually love the original houses more than the IP ones anyway.

2 Likes

They had it last year, so I’m confident they’ll have it again. It’s definitely worth planning for.

1 Like

No announcement about the scare zones?

What is missing from above?

https://twitter.com/horrornightsorl/status/1559544246503440385?s=21&t=n529Bvcq_GqpRNAnrLnDIw

UPDATED / EDITED - See below!

Am I counting right and you have 9 houses listed?

I forgot Blumhouse!!

Blumhouse - Freaky & Black Phone
Halloween
Universal Monsters
The Weeknd
Spirits of the Coven
Bugs
Chupacabra
Hellblock Horror
Dead Man’s Pier
Descendants of Destruction

ScareZones are now up!!

3 Likes

I really hope the candy scare zone is the one by the tribute store, and I’m disappointed in the lack of chainsaw guys in Springfield but I understand that that’s a zone that takes a LOT of staff, and I’d rather they didn’t half-ass it. It was just weird last year with that area being all quiet.

Don’t worry about them…

1 Like

The candy scare zone, “Sweet Revenge”, in the New York area, so pretty close by!