Universal now closed through May 31

Looks like I rescheduled our May trip for good reason.

2 Likes

If they are already (April 9) closing through May 31, I can’t imagine they will be open June 1.

Do you have a trip planned June 1?
Yes, I agree June seems too soon. I hope September works for us!

No, October. I’m thinking it’s 50/50 for the fall. At this point, I’m usually revising my TPs multiple times a week, but I haven’t looked at them since mid-February. It’s hard to get excited about a WDW trip with so much uncertainty over whether it will happen.

My point was that if they are already closing through May 31, I imagine by the time we get to May, that date will be extended past June 1.

1 Like

Gotcha. I feel like you’ve got a decent shot for October. I’m less confident for my early Sept trip, but we can reschedule again to Jan/Feb if necessary.

Yeah, it seems both Universal and Disney are aiming to open June 1. People are going to have to really stick to stay at home orders for that to be a possibility. It’s hard to imagine happening.

I canceled my May trip yesterday. Not that I really wanted to keep it given how terrible the flight times were with the new Southwest flights. But it was going to be the final trip on my annual pass before it expired. I hadn’t planned to return until epic universe opened.

1 Like

That’s a shame! Is Universal extending AP’s? Maybe you can rebook once things settle down.

1 Like

They are, but mine would have expired June 1, and I don’t want to go until November or December.

However, plans have changed, and now I plan to go to UOR in December with MIL and SIL. DH’s pass, which would have expired in December will now be good until February, so I can drag invite him along on this trip.

2 Likes

I stand by my prediction that July 4th will be the earliest any of the parks will be open, and if I was planning a trip this year, I wouldn’t plan anything before Labor Day.

2 Likes

I hope you’re wrong. This is terrible news for many people.

2 Likes

:rofl: