Universal Jan trip quick but thorny question

These are the only type of rides that actually make me nauseous at this point!

I see that you’ve decided on Discovery Center, and I think a 10 year old would be fine there. I will say, however, that the VC queue is pretty cool and you both keep your phones until she’d head into the family room anyway (when she’d take yours), so if you change your mind on the day (or if she does… I know the age, and sometimes it seems like a fun idea until they’re actually faced with the idea of being left alone in a big store building) then she might still enjoy the wait in the line with you.

2 Likes

This is great advice. We’re gonna defer the ride to the last day(s) and make a plan then. Hopefully she’ll feel solid about what she wants to do by then.

1 Like

I’m going to tack on to this old but important topic to say that we tried having our DD10 hang out in the Discovery Center yesterday while DH and I rode (her idea, I actually didn’t suggest it) and it was not good. Her dad and I were worried the whole time and staff and “some guy” were questioning her. She spent the whole time on the phone with her grandma until we got off, so she was reassured by that. But DH and I agreed, never again. There was a place off to the side at loading area where non-riders could wait and that’s what we should have done.

7 Likes

Oh wow. That’s sounds super stressful. We ended up having my DH pick her up early and I rode by myself without having to worry about her. We spent a little time in the Discovery Center and I couldn’t imagine enough there to spend an hour. I didn’t see the family room for velociraptor but I did see those on some of the other rides (we didn’t use them) and they seemed fine. Honestly it was good that she went home early that night and got extra rest. But this is good for others to know that it’s not a great option for everyone.

1 Like

Pretty spot on for me, too.