Universal and wdw

If I want to incorporate USO into my next trip, would you recommend a split stay between the two places, or just driving wdw to universal? I have not decided if I want to stay half the trip at Universal, then pack up and go to disney or just start at a disney resort and drive to uso for those days. Part of me is leaning towards the split stay, if I am going to do USO do it right! What are your thoughts and opinions?

I’m looking into this for my next trip as well. Considering staying for 1 night at a universal hotel for early entry and express pass included.

2 Likes

Depends how many days you want at Universal and how expensive your disney accommodation is? I would stay at least 1 night at Universal to get the Express pass, and I would stay 3 nights because you can nearly always pick up a 4 day ticket for the price of 2.

2 Likes

I think that you can enjoy UOR with a one night stay but relax more by staying for two or three nights. Overall it is more relaxing than WDW and you can be far more spontaneous .

1 Like

I looks like the crowd calendar is giving it a 9 for the days I want to go. might consider 2-3 nights just for the express pass.

1 Like

Absolutely stay onsite at UOR (deluxe for express passes) and then stay at WDW for that part. We do this every spring break. The express passes are amazing! We like to do WDW first, and then UOR second because once you use the unlimited express passes, FPP at WDW feels so limiting. But UOR first is fine as well if that works out better for your schedule.

3 Likes

The cabana bay looks amazing, but it doesnt look like they offer the passes :persevere:

1 Like

I agree, it looks great. But without express, I just can’t see staying there. We really love Portofino Bay and the Hard Rock. Very nice hotels, great locations. Royal Pacific is nice as well, I just like the other 2 better.

2 Likes

As someone who has used the express passes, how does it compare with FPP lines at Disney? I understand how the system works, I just don’t have a feel for how long you actually wait in a line with it.

I have always found it to be faster than FPP lines at WDW. It is so nice to not need a plan, just ride whatever, whenever. We go during busy spring break (and once at Thanksgiving), and never wait more than a few minutes.

4 Likes

We have a long trip to Orlando booked this summer, we’re doing nine days off site (but walkable) close to universal. In these days we’re incorporating USF/ioa, KSC, and VB. I’m planning four slow paced days at the two main parks. UK tkts last 14 days so we can pop in and out for evenings too, this means driving from the Disney area would be a pain.
We had originally booked a villa close to Disney for the entire 23days we’re in Orlando but the owners cancelled on us so I decided to split the stay and I’m so glad I did. No parking hassles at universal. Wahooooo! We’ve split our stay before and it feels like two separate vacations.

4 Likes

Glad it all worked out

1 Like

Is it only a one time pass per ride? Or can you use the pass all day? I have no idea how it works!!

1 Like

The EP you are given with the three deluxe hotel reservations are unlimited, so that you can ride each ride as many times as you wish. You can buy either an unlimited EP or a one ride limit EP.

Unlimited!