Universal 2 park 1 day on a weekday vs weekend

I’m looking at Royal Pacific Resort. On saturday, it’s $435 plus tax but for some reason on Wednesday it’s $699. I just noticed Tuesday and Thursday are closer to $400 so maybe we do one of those if we can! That’s still over our hotel budget but I think it’s worth it for UXP, but I’m definitely not willing to pay over $600 for it…Aventura is around $200 as a reference.

The HHN sounds awesome but I really hate being scared so I think MNSSHP is more my type of Halloween party :slight_smile:

Do you have any tips on how to your without the UXP in case we don’t get it??

I’ve got it for $131 / night, but I had to book it for all 10 nights…

If you come on a Tuesday, you really don’t need it. A good plan will help you…

I get the anxiety about going some place new & only having one day. UOR is so much smaller than WDW and I love it for that reason. Park hopping only takes minutes and you can walk it reasonably! You can do everything at both parks in 2 days if you hustle…3 days with no issues for sure!

Sure! It’s probably stuff you already know…

Get to the park entrance at least 40 minutes before park opening. I prefer 50 - 60 minutes. It sounds crazy, but I’ve gotten on the first buses and been at the front of the gates casually waiting with about 20 - 30 people. Then 15 minutes later a horde of people will be standing behind me as the next waves of buses & boats arrive

Rope Drop Hagrid’s. It’s just the two of you and you’re young. You are staying on-site take advantage and do Early Park Admission (EPA). Hustle up there and knock it out. You’ll probably have 30 minutes of EPA left. Go ride VC, if you can handle another thrill, or FJ / Explore Hogsmeade and then start your park day…

Since you aren’t going to HHN, I’m going to advise you take the first Hogwarts’s Express over to USF. Spend the morning / early afternoon there…

Take a lunch break at some point / maybe get out of the sun - see a show like Bourne Stuntacular and/or Horror Make-up Show that has A/C…

I don’t know if you are going to stay out all day or go back to your hotel at any point…

Either way get back over to IOA by 4pm… You’ll have until 9pm to do everything there…

If you want to meet a Raptor you need to be in that queue by 5:30pm… That’s the last show with a 6pm closing.

If the Dark Arts show is happening and a priority it won’t happen until after 7:30pm. They’ll replay the projection show multiple times. It’s very quick. (Of the 3 Hogwarts shows it’s my favorite)

If you watch the show, the TM’s won’t let you walk back into Hogsmeade. They’ll make you exit out to Jurassic Park. If you want to squeeze in a final Hagrid before closing you still can. You have to leave as directed and then loop all the way back around through Lost Continent again. I highly recommend a night ride. The attraction was designed with this in mind. It’s a an amazing experience.

I also recommend Kong & JPRA at/after sunset. They have great outdoor elements that light up at night. Also, Doom is great after dark!

I’m making plans right now that don’t use UXP for the your dates for myself. Most attractions don’t have even a 30 minute wait…

4 Likes

Yeah for sure, I’ve gone to UOR a few times but it’s been years so I’m definitely anxious (and really excited) about it! Last time we went was mardi gras and even with UXP I felt the lines were too much for me (I had good FPs at WDW so I wasn’t used to waiting that much that tri). I think I have more realistic expectations this time and will enjoy it more.

Thanks for all the tips, really helpful!!!

1 Like

One more thing… If I had to choose between watching the Dark Arts show or doing Hagrid’s after sunset I’ll do Hagrid’s every time. It’s a novelty to see a different show than the usual, but it’s just ok. You may not want to hassle with trying to loop around Hogsmeade to squeeze both attractions in before close

2 Likes

Noted, thanks! Also, which single riders are worth it? I have heard Hagrid’s isn’t

In general, the rides that fit more than 2 people per row.

3 Likes

Best Single Rider Queues - (IME)

USF - Mummy, Transformers, F&F, Gringotts, MIB

IOA - All except Hagrid’s & VC

3 Likes