Unintended benefits?...?

So…with everything going on in the world…had some time to think about pointless stuff today. Started to think about the WDW closure. Any chance they take these next couple weeks and put some refurbs on the fast track? Specifically thinking the castle…they have unlimited access for a couple weeks, think they get cooking on it? What about an early refurb on BTM? Time to work on getting ROTR to full capacity?

So what would you like Disney to take the next 2 weeks and get done?

and no reality checks here…let’s us have our speculative fun…not many opps for that recently

7 Likes

Convert FPP to MaxPass… :smirk:

8 Likes

Ratatouille! (Wishful thinking I know) :grin:

7 Likes

Fix the Yeti? :rofl:

16 Likes

open up space 220???

7 Likes

I hope they’re able to really focus on whatever was going on over at Haunted Mansion so that’s ready to go when they reopen!

11 Likes

You and me are thinking alike.

3 Likes

I’m betting the big projects are dependent on timelines for supplies delivery and contractor schedules. So probably the only things that can be “fast tracked” are minor projects. I’m really hoping the castle painting will be done by end of April though. Seems like an easy thing to speed up and get done in 2-3 weeks if they can work whenever and however they want.

5 Likes

Install more shade around the parks? After HM and People Mover are fixed and ready to go.

8 Likes

This is the correct answer. If they are still having issues when they reopen, shame shame shame!

4 Likes

I hope they finish the walkway from the Grand Floridian to MK

9 Likes

Agree, I’d love to see that on the fast track.

I also hope they take time to play around with ROTR and see what they can do to improve reliability.

5 Likes

They’ve got both parks to play around with on that one.

4 Likes

Me too! My positive for prob postponing to October is the walkway will be done!

1 Like

This is my hope - if I have to move my trip at least Ratatouille will be open! r

1 Like

Get Harmonius ready to go!

2 Likes

I hope they install some moving walkways in Epcot :joy:

3 Likes

I am just hoping they give the parks a good deep cleaning. I don’t mean this as it pertains to the virus. There are many attractions that are just starting to look dingy and dirty. Now would be a great time to get some of this minor maintenance done. Off the top of my head I think of how parts of WTP just looks dirty(Huffalumps and Woozels esp.) or if you are on the People Mover and when you get into Space mountain there is a piece of fence between the 2 coaster inclines that is just caked on with dust.

7 Likes

I agree with this. I have been to all four parks in the past few weeks, after a five year break. I can’t help but notice that many attractions need a good scrub. I also feel like the monorail trains and tracks could use some cleaning and minor maintenance. The concrete track and support beams going through Epcot, for example, are filthy enough to be distracting. This would probably be hard to fix with the parks operating normally so I understand, but maybe now they can give it a good pressure wash.

3 Likes

The workers should be practicing social distancing so ideally they do some cleaning but not construction to minimize this.

3 Likes