Unable to modify ADRs on website

Has anyone tried to modify any ADRs lately? I could swear that when we first made our reservations there was an option in MDE on the website for both changing and cancelling the reservation, but the last couple of times that I looked the only choice was to cancel. Am I misremembering or is something weird happening?

I don’t really need to change any ADRs but there is one that I might adjust the time for if a better time came up.

I noticed the same thing this morning! Some still had the modify option, but most did not.

The ADR system seems to have a lot of bad hair days. Another thing to consider is that the app and website ADR systems don’t speak to one another in real time all the time. It may be several hours before a change made on one shows up on the other. In the meantime you’ll get an error if you try to make a change on the one that hasn’t updated yet.

I haven’t made any changes to any of the ADRs (I haven’t even downloaded the app yet) so I don’t think it could be related to the app. I am glad to hear that it is not just me.