Ugh! Why did I choose President's Day Week.. HELP!

Hi Everyone- Can one of you experts relieve my frusteration and anxiety and tell me that taking my 5 yr DH on her first trip won’t be a hot mess of crowds when we’re there Feb 19th and 20th. Sure President’s Day is over… but apparently a ton of CA Schools have the week off! So my plan backfired.

I’m doing DCA first because there is no MH (and I don’t have one anyway) in the hopes its less busy… and DLR on the 20th (for the same reason). DCA also closes at 8pm that day, so I’m hoping that puts people off… and so I’ve planned my heart out trying to make it a melt-down less day… for me… not my daughter :smile:

Am I just wishful thinking? Will it truly be a 6? Any advice on what to change?

1 Like

There’s always something going on at DLR, no matter when you go. Cheerleading events, school and tour groups, conventions. Rope drop & fast passes are your friend. Most locals don’t show up until a couple hours after park open. Lunar New Year festivities are happening in DCA, Feb 19-22 so enjoy. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/happy-lunar-new-year-celebration-returns-to-disney-california-adventure-park-2/

2 Likes

While I have never been at that time, We went during grad week and was expecting craziness but it was totally fine. I think you guys will be good. Just like Nay said RD and FP really help. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your words of reassurance… And the warning about the Lunar New Year… Did not see that on my radar! Does anyone know if Anna and Elsa will still be an amazing race to see on the Thursday? Please tell me it’s calmed down a bit :grimacing:

1 Like

A&E have moved from DL to DCA Animation Academy building, get fastpasses outside the building entrance. These aren’t connected to FP network but the Frozen sing a long ones are.

1 Like

Thank you Nay! They are my MUST DO… so they are certainly my first order of business. It would be nice if it wasn’t Running With The Bulls experience to get them as soon as the rope drops! Who knows maybe everyone will stay home next week :smile:

Thank you again for your time in getting back to me! Your insight is hugely helpful!

1 Like