Ugh! Make it Make Sense

A story I have been following on social media. A plain clothed DJ at MK train station leading a dance party to close out the night. So tacky!
As of last night, he has been canceled. Sorry, dude. It’s not you - it’s me … And the turn of the century theme. Ugh! WDW- get your s^!¥ together! :eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I just saw this earlier today - what made them think this was a good idea?

2 Likes

Some well-connected big wig’s nephew fancied himself a DJ. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

This is what happens when Disney leadership try to be “creative” with crowd control and they have no idea what their parks are about.

I feel bad for the DJ. They should give him hours in Tommowland.

10 Likes

I saw it on chat, awful.

1 Like

I first thought it was someone doing it just on their own, but to hear it was a Disney sanctioned intentional thing just boggles the mind. Maybe Josh DAmaro is the problem after all.

4 Likes

From BlogMickey (Disney Makes "Last-Minute Decision" to Remove Main Street Train Station DJ at Magic Kingdom Tonight)

“In lieu of the DJ, area managers grabbed light-up wands and did the job of the DJ instead”

Must have really been a last minute decision. Doesn’t appear that the Area Mangers didn’t even had time to get into costume.

3 Likes

Saw that on a FB group and just YUCK! Absolutely breaks the magic. Total nails on the chalkboard. Cringey at best. It would have prompted a quick stop in Guest Services on my way by.

5 Likes

Or who their people are.

They are so out of touch

Agree, tomorrowland might be a good place to utilize his skills, or with the right music and tone (read here: not what he is doing here) perhaps the stage near American Pavilion

4 Likes

This is just a gentle reminder of what the Disney execs think of their customers.

4 Likes

On our recent trip we broke up our WDW days with a couple of days at Universal. One of the things that really grated on all of us (me, DS17, DS12) quickly at Universal was the noise…constant LOUD music everywhere. Not creating atmosphere but making it feel like a “dance party”. It was so nice to get back to WDW where background music added to instead of detracting from the experience. So sorry to hear MK tried this and so glad they quickly realized their mistake!

4 Likes

it woulda been better if they had the Dapper Dan’s b-squad out doing this. Sans “DJ vibe” and back to the quartet / 19th century vibe

The “Spruced Up Stevens”

or even a female counterpart of the Dans, that’d be pretty badass.

10 Likes

That would be an amazing addition!

1 Like

I have always said that the thing that sets Disney apart from the other theme parks is the attention to detail. The peanut shells in the sidewalk by Dumbo. The background music. The printed fabric over buildings under construction. I am willing to pay more for that.

This was none of that. This should never have made it on stage. Disney is not Universal.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Chapek years

Buckle up. It’s about to get even weirder.

I do feel for the DJ. Because he was probably thrilled to finally have some steady work. And then BAM! Instant fired. :pensive:

8 Likes

We saw him when we were walking out of MK on Thursday. He was playing dance music and the teenagers around us seemed to like it but it was the wrong vibe for the park.

4 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Only if they call them the Debs!! (Hi, I’m one of 3 Debs under thr age of 55 on the planet)

4 Likes

There was much complaining coming from me because I wanted my happy, Magic Kingdom Main Street music and not that nonsense! Glad that has ended. It felt very out of place.

3 Likes

It was odd.

1 Like