Uber car seat or Minnie Van?

My boys are 4 years old and 7 years old. However, my 4 year old is a big dude at 48 lbs and 44" (and our trip is still 4 months away, so who knows how tall he’ll be by then :wink: ) We have a few mornings where we’d like to leave AKL around 6 AM - are the buses running that early? And if we take an Uber, do we skip car seats (is that legal? it feels wrong…) or do we hope we can get a Minnie Van? What do most people do when taking an Uber?

I would look into a bubble bum or mifold booster that you can take with you for the 4 year old. The 7 year old won’t need a booster in Florida.

Last trip we used Uber Blk b/c minnie wasn’t running everywhere. My 4 & 8 year olds used boosters. My 4 year old at home is in a typical convertible carseat still and that’s what I would have preferred but he was 46" and I sat next to him and held on a bit as well. For the few minutes were in the car I felt it was okay. But, I wouldn’t put him in a car that didn’t have at least the basic booster. Accidents happen at low speeds and can be damaging so we just upgrade to the Uber Blk for the ease. We didn’t want to be stuck carrying the portable boosters around the rest of the day.

So all Uber Blk have boosters??

We struggled finding uber drivers with the car seats available. The drivers we asked said only about 20 drivers in all of orlando are approved to have car seats.

1 Like

We rode Minnie Vans to and from AK and Epcot this past November. I can’t say enough good things about the Minnie Vans. For what it’s worth, I felt much more comfortable with my toddlers in the Minnie Van car seats than I would have felt in an Uber. Granted, the price is high so you pay for it … but we were happy with the service and will use the Minnie Vans again next visit.

If you have any questions about the Minnie Vans, there is a number you can call and speak to the Minnie Van area. They were very helpful and answered questions I had about car seats before we left for our trip.

1 Like