Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach for DD7

We have one water park day. A Saturday in Early Nov 2018. Which park is recommended for DD7? Very good swimmer but not an adrenaline junky - so will not likely go for big waves/wave pool type stuff or extreme slides. I have no Disney water park experience. Any insight you can provide is appreciated. Thanks!

I would say TL. The slides are less intense than BB. The wave pool at TL is quite intense but there are scheduled times when they do gentle waves instead of the extreme waves.

1 Like

Both Disney Tourist Blog and WDW Prep School hace extensive reviews of both parks that I found helpful.

After reading all I could, I think I’ve landed on Typhoon Lagoon for us, but take a look:

1 Like

Sounds like TL it is!!

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t mention, but background is similar to yours. DS7, strong swimmer, but doesn’t need thrill slides. And Misadventure Falls seems pretty cool.

1 Like

We are going soon and DS is 6.5 - also not big on the scary slides- but we picked BB for two reasons: 1) the tidal wave part at typhoon lagoon freaks me out even for my older strong swimmer and 2) the ski patrol spot. The ski patrol area looked great and is likely where he will spend most of the day.

I took my grandson to TL at about the same age. He wasn’t very big at that age so what I did was put him up on my shoulders. When the wave hit it took him off my shoulders and carried him quite a ways behind me. He was overjoyed! Wanted to do it again and again. He’s 16 now and still wants to go back to the wave pool. I never been to Blizzard Beach and maybe that’s because we are from the Midwest. We see our share of Blizzards every winter so the theming just doesn’t get to me. Also I am not one for heights or thrill rides anymore so we will stick to TL as you got to love floating down that long waterway on a sunny day :sunglasses:

1 Like

My kids (10 and 9, both boys) and I preferred BB. There was this great area for tweens with a cul-de-sac setup with only one was in or out. Plenty of things to play with while my wife and I could sit and monitor them from lounge chairs.

You may not have much choice. Typically, one water park has its annual refurbishment during late fall. Last year, Blizzard Beach closed Oct 30 through Jan 6.

1 Like

That’s a very legit point…