Two very different choices one vote only

Two very different choices… only one vote…what would you choose (family of 4, two kids):

50s Prime Time

Liberty Tree Tavern

2 Likes

How old are the kids?
We chose LTT because 50’s Prime Time would possibly upset DGD4 and DGD2 if anyone at the table got reprimanded. The older one might think that meant she could correct the adults in the family.
Also, we prefer the food at LTT.

1 Like

LTT for much the same reasoning. DS hates the idea of 50s.

2 Likes

Kids would be 7 and 11 at time of trip.
What does DS and DGD stand for? Thank you.

I like choices- 50s.

I have to say that no one has to play along if you don’t want to. The CMs don’t want to ruin your meal they are looking for people to “play”.

4 Likes

Never had 50’s and like their menu.

Dear son and dear granddaughter.

1 Like

I’d go 50s because it’s a dining experience you won’t find elsewhere.
Everybody’s kids are different but at 7 and 11 they’ll get the joke even if they don’t appreciate the Leave It To Beaver-esque setting. .

2 Likes

LTT for us because we have yet to make it there and have been to 50s a few times.

(but we are going to LTT next trip, hell or high water!!)

1 Like

They’re so different… how were these the choices that were boiled down to?

On the level of theming, 50s is off the charts. The servers play actual parts (like it’s been said, they use 50s style slang, not understand what cell phones are, they scold you or praise you for manners, it’s fun. They also call you for dinner like you are out playing in the yard.), there’s TVs where you can watch part of the Disneyland Broadcast (as well as other shows), the “kitchens” are surprisingly accurate (for my experience anyway).

LTT is themed, but the cast, after the initial announcement for dinner, pretty much abandon any role they are expected to play (they won’t talk to you in olde english or anything). The room is nice but you don’t see much of it. If you get a window seat, you can at least see the floats go past in parades if they’re still running. The food is all you can enjoy, but you kinda need to specifically ask for 2nds or 3rds of something.

I think the food is a tie as it’s two different menus. If you want anything close to a thanksgiving turkey meal, LTT is the easy winner. If you’re looking for more of an approximation of “home cooking”, 50s has what you need.

5 Likes

Haven’t been to either of these yet so my opinion is close to worthless here (relative newbie still but trying to catch up) but I think I’d go 50s with more options and a lower bill, and I get a kick out of that theme and the corny jokes and acting.

Based on the food… Neither, honestly. (I know, I know, blasphemy!)
Based on the experience only, I’d have to pick LTT, because I’m frankly a little weirded out by the LARPing employees. It’s just not my thing.

3 Likes

I just have to have the fried chicken at 50’s at least once each trip.

1 Like

Food wise 50s

1 Like

I agree about the 50s waitress mom theme but I didn’t think the food at Liberty tree was as good and ultimately the food is why we eat where we eat so I chose 50s but I wouldn’t honestly pick either myself.

Randall nailed the answer - just to add my 2 cents: on our first trips our kids were that age and looooved 50s.

The servers made them laugh so hard, my son talked about the fried chicken for months.
Every time I picked up my phone for a long while one of them would yell “Scooter! Put down that walkie talkie and finish your supper!” :smile:

6 Likes

We LOVE LTT and it’s one place we always schedule. That being said, my group is not adventurous when it comes to eating (bummer, I’m the only one that enjoys variety of foods.) They are very much meat and potatoes type of eaters - think midwest farm life. LTT is right up our alley and its a great break on a hectic MK day.

1 Like

50’s Prime Time

2 Likes

We really enjoyed both when we went! One different aspect to consider is, is your party looking for a big prix fixe meal, or do you have lighter eaters who would rather pick and choose what they want to order? Or another obvious decisive factor…milkshakes or toffee cake? (Don’t forget the plant-based Apple cake also at LTT, it’s incredibly good too! We asked for both!)

2 Likes

Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving day is 1 day too many. No LTT for me…

This, by the way, is not an endorsement of 50’s, just a repudiation of LTT.