Two Sisters, Disney After Hours, Deluxe Evening Hours, Lots of Lounges Trip Report Jan 23-28, '23

Thank you for weighing in on the great bar vs. sandwich debate! You say you like both, but I’m taking this as a vote for Team Sandwich!!

Love your trip so far and I’ve only read the first day …

5 Likes

Really loving this trip report! You are wrong to be on #teamsandwiches, but I’ll excuse that one. I’m jealous of the Ohana noodz!

5 Likes

Oh no, I hope this the “close to barfing” meter, not barf intensity :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s how many inches high it levitates from prostrate position spewing upwards.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Wrong.

2 Likes

Where did you get the bands for nausea that send out the shocks? That’s different than anything we have tried before.

1 Like

Not sure where she got hers, but I’ve purchased them on Amazon.

Bwaa ha ha! No barfing was happening. I guess it should be the Maybe I Might Barf O Meter.

3 Likes

Yep, Amazon.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! Going to try these!

1 Like

Wednesday, 1-25

Today, we saw we were in for a weirdly warm 85 degrees. I know this is nothing to all of you strong souls who go to Florida all year long. But DSis can’t do heat due to her medical issues, thus, January touring for us. So, although I did get up at 7AM to get Genie and get an LL for Slinky, after talking it out we decided to wait until the sun would be going down to hit the parks.

Thankfully, I learned how to stack from Touring Plans Teaches videos (so good, love you TP!) Two hours after park open, I tried to get another LL but it wouldn’t let me do it, so I started a chat on the ap and the cast member verified that it was a glitch and booked us Mickey & Minnie. Every two hours I got another one, and throughout the day I kept modifying until I got them just right. This was my first time using Genie, and I think it is the bee’s knees, but without the modify feature I can see that it wouldn’t work at all so I’m glad they changed that.

I am also glad they changed the rule on canceling dining reservations to 2 hours prior, because I saw all kinds of reservations were available every time I looked. On past trips, I got up at 3AM my time and sweated out the dining reservation thing, but this time I thought, girl, it’s just a restaurant after all and I’m not going through this and I refused to do it. I did get one reservation before the trip, Storybook Dining at Artist Point, and I looked a lot but didn’t find other things I wanted. Granted we were there in at an uncrowded time, but we had many options and we were not tied down to getting places at certain times which was so freeing.

I got us Steakhouse 71 for lunch and Oga’s later in the evening. We walked to Poly (about 15 minutes) & took the monorail to Contemporary. I died of rapture seeing the Mary Blair murals and think the remodel is genius. Love midcentury so…. They had a wonderful gallery wall featuring Mary Blair too. We did some shopping, saw an Alice mug that I wanted but didn’t want to carry around and thought I’d find at DS our last day but nope so this one desire went unfulfilled. Buy it when you see it, I know this.
Blair

Steakhouse 71! Love, love, love. My fav meal of the trip. First of all, they were playing Brubeck so they had me at hello. We shared the onion rings, the chopped salad and the vegetable wellington. Oh, and lest you think we didn’t have cocktails, oh no, we did. Everything including the service was great. We had a bunch of time to kill so we rode back over to Poly. Trader Sam’s opens at 3 but we found out you can get on the waiting list starting at 2:15. We were late to the ball on this one, so we ended up at Tambu again, it was feeling like home.

Bad at selfies!

We took a Lyft to Hollywood Studios at 5PM and got a DAS for Rise once we arrived. Our first LL was Mickey & Minnie, new for us. The preshow wasn’t working but oh how we LOVED this one! (DSis Could-Possibly-Barf-O-Meter: 1/10) That little song is the best ear worm since Carousel of Progress and I sang it for the rest of the trip ‘cause I am that person. DSis I’m sure wished I would stop. The next LLs were in Toy Story Land, also new for us. First, Midway Mania and we got to go twice! The cast member said we should try for better scores, ha ha. I have waited so long for this ride at DCA, so this was amazing. Then Aliens (not as fun as Mater) a snack at Woody’s (plant based totchos, Yum-O-Meter 7/10) and Slinky. I dunno, this new land is a little short of feeling like Disney for me. Too much pavement? Too crowded? What do you all think?

Then to Batu for Rise! First time for DSis and she was amazed! We hit up Oga’s so fun, but oh for a less sweet drink and a chair! I know, I’m not their target audience. We had to do the runaway railway again (DAS) and this time the preshow was working! Adorable!!! I was never into Mickey and gang so much till the new shorts and now I LOVE them. Yodelburg forver!

Shades qualifies for Deluxe Hours so we were off to MK. Took a Lyft to the TCC, then Monorail. We started in Tomorrowland with COP, and then People Mover. It started pouring, so we just rode it again and were loving it. We ran though the drops to Buzz, which neither of us has ever done, and by then the rain let up and there was hardly anyone in the park!

Once again we were in a crazy dream-world of walk-on after walk-on. We repeated all of our fantasy land favorites and then the most amazing thing happened: DSis and I were literally the only two people in the HM stretching room. And seemingly the only people (alive) in the whole ride. It was actually SCARY! I will NEVER forget how incredible this was. After that, we just had to stop and keep that taste in our mouths. The Monorail was still operating so we rode that to the Contemporary and then took a Lyft back to Shades.

Deep Thought: This trip has made up for the two DL trips we had planned but had to cancel at the last minute, the first one because DSis got Covid and the second one because I got Covid. The Universe chose to be benevolent this time and we were grateful. (PS, neither of us even got a cold on this trip!)

15 Likes

Not enough shade or green space! And there are far too few attractions. It needs more. It screamed Toy Story, but was lacking at the same time.

:exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Love this!

1 Like

Allllll of this! There’s not really anywhere to stop and take it all in either. No seating, no gift shop (exit when exiting TSMM, but what if you don’t ride it?), and it seems more like a pass-through than a land.

Totally agree about the song from MMRR. I sing it alllllll the time bc it’s such an ear worm. So glad the preshow was working your 2nd time through!

4 Likes

Just a heads up if you go to Reliefband website directly you can use your FSA funds if you have them.

Solid criteria!

This is an awesome tip! Thank you!

1 Like