Two rooms, to DDP or not?

Lol, you make me smile!

1 Like

Interesting–if you think of where you saw this, I would be interested in checking it out. That would definitely change my strategy.

There have been reports that CMs can see them as child or adult credits but I have not heard of them not allowing them to be interchangeable .

1 Like

Hopefully this will remain the case, until at least March.

1 Like

I have done DDP for many years now for I and my wife. This August we took our grandson with us so that makes three. Because we did the MVT Labor day special at the Poly we could not get the DDP. This was new to us but we found that other than the sticker shock of table service meals, we actually saved NOT getting the meal plan. I figured the DDP would cost us $2722. After all was said and done with 12 table service meals and 12 quick service meals per day, and adding a few snacks per day we figured it cost us about $2200 for meals during this trip. The thing is that you can use your magic band for all meals just like the DDP but the cost is added to your room or account. Of coarse we did not buy all the snacks the would have come with the DDP buy we never really needed them. Now when you buy a meal for three and the bill comes to $162 + tip, it kind of sets you back at the time, but really with the DDP you are paying the same thing but in a prepayment plan that requires you to use everything or you WiII lose money. My take on this situation.

2 Likes

Is this true for all MVT packages? Was hoping to book thru them and then add DDP for spring trip.

This is not true of all packages. We added the deluxe dining plan to our two days at Pop Century for 12/21 - 12/23 through MVT.

1 Like

I would agree in general. I think since we are going to so many TS places where we will share meals, and we have 1 room with dining and 1 room without, we may likely break even or even save a bit. Regardless we’re going to have the freedom to order more than we would normally… it will be an experiment— I’ll track the spending and see how it works!! I bet this is the only time we ever do it, especially with the rate of inflation and the fact that we don’t drink much.

Part of our trip is a college graduation celebration for my daughter though, and she’s my kiddo who always wants to try expensive food, desserts, etc but always feels like it’s just too much. Having credits just eases that burden for her, which is awesome.

In the past there have been at least two packages that I have seen that dining could not be added . You can never add it to the Labor Day deal. I believe the other one I have seen in the past was a July special?

1 Like