Two random, unrelated thoughts

Oh, no cruelty at all. Your post evoked a sense of Tin Man to me when you said…

It is like you finally got to see the Wizard and found out that you had a heart all along, and a big one at that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah. Good to know. I’ll keep that in mind for the future.

We’re a sophisticated peoples.

1 Like

I prefer Fancy McFancyface.

1 Like

I tend to think of you more as a Shorty McShortersen

DH takes the mickey (not mouse) out of me because on first watching Nemo, I said it was hard to care about fish. I do love the show though. Most Disney films are pretty traumatic. 101 Dalmatians for instance has a similar plot and is one of my favourite films. I read the book as a child and it was indeed traumatic.

1 Like

I really wish they would have kept the name of the boat, Boaty McBoatface because how is that not hilarious. I mean can you imagine explaining to someone that you’re a marine biologist/researcher and you are assigned to the RSS Boaty McBoatface. :rofl: However, I understand why they named it for David Attenborough.

1 Like

This was the compromise though after they didnt let the name win, Boaty McBoatface lives on!

2 Likes

If someone is not dead or lost you cannot really call it a Disney movie :joy:

2 Likes

Agree most Disney movies are traumatising.

My oldest was a mess watching the Lion King at age 3 cried for ages when Mufasa got trampled. Big Hero 6 was so sad. Up was the worst though. We watched it not long after my mom died and it just reminded me too much of my mom and dad. I still bawl like a baby when I see it.

1 Like

We still laugh about the wails of my traumatised 4yo son in an otherwise silent cinema when Mufasa died!