Two People on Room Reservation...but both are me

I wanted to make a room reservation with the Disney+ subscriber discount. Unfortunately, due to complicated reasons - my Disney+ account is not the same as my MDE account.

‘Merging’ your accounts doesn’t mean what I think it is supposed to mean - leaving me with no way to change that email unless I cancel my subscription and re-enroll.

So, can I book a room only reservation on my Disney+ MDE and then list my ‘other self’ as the second guest…so I have my AP and Magic Bands and everything linked? Is that insane? Will Disney eventually have a problem with it?

I would be more concerned w/ a different (higher) room rate for 2 ppl vs 1… @OBNurseNH or @ninjasherrie can answer that one :wink:

2 Likes

Double check the discounts. I heard there is an AP one out there right now that is better than the D+ one. Not sure if it’s for your dates but worth checking out.

2 Likes

Room rates are the same with 1 vs. 2 people. They only increase when you add a 3rd or more.

5 Likes

Hmmm…I’m booking a couple of different trips and haven’t seen any AP discounts pop up.

1 Like

Ah, thanks… I didn’t know what the number was. Here’s the link for discounts: Special Offers, Deals & Discounts | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

I saved $77.82 over the Disney+ discount on my 5 night stay at POFQ next month!

2 Likes

It is really good savings, which is why I want to make it work. But, as usual, Disney IT is doing everything they can to stand in my way. This was the only other way around the issue I could think of.

If the savings is that great could you just sign up under your MDE account email for a month to book it?

I originally booked without a discount, then my TA applied the Disney+ discount when it came out.

This week, a better discount became available for those with an AP.

You may be able to skip the Disney+ issue entirely.

1 Like

Yes put your best “MDE self” in the room. That should work.

1 Like

So, I called reservations today to see if I could add the Disney+ discount without scheming (AP discount is only eligible through 9/8). It is a three ring circus over there today.
Supposedly it can be done…but after squaring everything away (and switching resorts…where they kept trying to add linked friends and family who are not on my trip to my room) - I was on hold for about 20 minutes. When the CM came back, she told me something was wrong and she could no longer hear me or guest services, but that the system was undergoing some enhancements and it could not be fixed at this time. I need to call back in an hour or so and start again. The poor thing just kept repeating herself and saying- I hope you’re there and can hear me because I can’t hear you, I hope you’re still there.
I will try again later - Disney always manages to keep things interesting.

5 Likes

Also, I’m glad she couldn’t hear me - because I literally LOL’d when she said ‘undergoing enhancements’ - I know it is just what they’re supposed to use instead of planned or unplanned maintenance. But, we know that absolutely nothing they’ve done lately enhances our experience.

9 Likes

this is a very positive spin on the Disney IT mess :laughing:

6 Likes

The CM you get on the other end of the phone makes all the difference in the world. Today’s phone call took all of 3 minutes and the CM verified my disney + account and added it to my reservation so I could keep it all under my MDE (had to switch resorts, but NBD).
Soooo easy.

6 Likes