Two bedroom suites

I am thinking about getting a two bedroom suite for our family trip of 8. Ranging from 3 to 70 years of age. Either Grand Californian of Disneyland Hotel. Thinking this would be a great option for the old and the youngest to be close and still have a private area for a nap while everyone else is in a living area. I expect this to be expensive but this is a once in a lifetime trip. We are close to 70 and want to spend a week with our Children, Grandchildren and Great Grand child making memories. Would love any feedback.

The Disneyland Hotel is the most Disney-fied of all of the resort hotels. The Grand Californian is beautiful, but when it comes to the kids all of the features make it extra special. The first time we stayed at the resort, when we checked into the DLH, my child didn’t want to leave for the night. It is our personal favorite. (But you can’t really go wrong with any of the resort hotels.)

I completely agree about the Disneyland Hotel having the most Disney charm and classic history. You really cannot go wrong with either though as the Grand Californian has beautiful Craftsman style and very elegant with the extreme bonus of its proximity to the parks. We’ve only ever stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, but from what I have heard on the comparison of the two is that the standard rooms at Disneyland Hotel tend to be a little larger with a little more elbow room and less likely to get a view of a parking lot or brick wall than the Grand. When we did a standard discounted room through Orbitz at the DLH we had a beautiful view of the courtyard complete with monorail pool, Disneyland sign and Trader Sam’s/Tangaroa Terrace as well as a very spacious room.

You’ll make great memories no matter which you choose, but for me personally, with the family that you are planning to enjoy it with, I’d go with Disneyland Hotel.