Tusker House vs. Boma

Starting plans for ADRs, and we’re trying to decide between Boma (family favorite) and Tusker House (never been). DS insists he MUST have zebra domes. Does TH have them?

Any advice is appreciated!

Love TH. Last time I was there they did not have Zebra Domes (December 2013). We have done TH every visit but this time the family has decided that we are going to skip it next trip. We are going to a Boma dinner instead. Having never done Boma, I’m looking forward to it.

If you were thinking of breakfast at TH, you might want to consider booking a late breakfast so you can be there at change over between breakfast and lunch. It is the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the info. No zebra domes = no TH :cry:
DS specifically requested Boma for them.

Boma is great. There’s a wide selection of different foods, and things for picky eaters as well. My advice is to try a little of everything, as long as you’re not allergic to something. You might be surprised at what you like. For example, the watermelon rind salad is excellent - but not something I would have thought of trying.

We loved Sanaa, haven’t tried Jiko or Boma yet but most of my party are willing to try just about anything.

My grandmother used to make pickled watermelon rind which was very tasty. I make the coconut curry soup off of a Disney Food Blog recipe and it was delicious.

Thanks for the advice.

For what it’s worth, you can but Zebra Domes at the Mara (the AKL QS). Didn’t eat at Boma this trip, but bought some ZDs. I’m not a fan of either buffets or CMs, but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole TH experience; will definitely do it again.

1 Like

Thanks. Not sure I’d want to make a trip to AKL just to buy some zebra domes, but at least that’s an option.

@Agent_C, if you go to TH, just hop the bus to AKL (ask the bus driver to wait! :wink:) , run into Mara, grab Zebra Domes, back to the bus…15 minutes tops!

To quote Gil in Finding Nemo, as a plan “It’s foolproof.”

Always worth the trip to the AKL just for the Zebra Domes! It’s like they have hidden treasure just sitting there in the refrigerated section … waiting for the plundering!

1 Like