Turning Red

Yeah… I think the more we can normalize the very normal topic of women menstruating the better off our children will be.

10 Likes

Wow!

That is so interesting. I didn’t think that that would be any kind of issue in this day and age.

If there’s any issue with how the movie approached the menstruation subject, it’s how out of date the message is.
We shouldn’t be shocked that it even gets mentioned, we should be shocked that there is promotion of disposable period products!

How awful that it should be so taboo.

2 Likes

I didn’t think it was out of date. I thought it was great how mom was prepared. I use disposable products because the reusable freaks me out and probably would cause me a lot of pain for reasons I won’t get into.

But anyway, I don’t understand how this is so inappropriate. I was glad my sons got to see it, because if they get married (to women), they are going to hear about it. Besides, what’s inappropriate about something that is completely normal? I don’t get it.

2 Likes

Menstruation involves the lady parts, which are inherently sinful because thoughts of them tempt men into occasions of sin. The lady parts must be kept hidden, and certainly not discussed in such a public setting as the cinema, lest they lose the cloak of secrecy and mystery that must be maintained for the menfolk to remain pure of thought. That, and the ladies who have the lady parts may themselves consider using them in a way that’s sinful.

3 Likes

Just watched this and really enjoyed it! Of course, I LOVE red pandas irl so that helps!

Make sure you watch or ff through the official credits because Pixar pulled a Marvel and there is a cute short final scene. If you are in the additional language credits you’ve gone too far.

3 Likes

I actually liked this as much as Encanto, just for different reasons. It’s so relatable. While with Encanto I related to a character or two, with TR I related to the whole movie. I don’t think many people in a person’s life have the soul deep impact on them that their mother does, and even the best mother daughter relationships are so complicated.

My mom is someone I fully believe is a saint, though I am aware she is as flawed as we all are. But I can also see how has impacted my life in mostly good but also some negative ways that I’m not sure I’d have been aware of if I had never become a parent myself. As you get older you see your parents in such a different light, and while it sounds ridiculous, the first time you REALLY fully understand your parents are individuals, whole, outside their role as parent, it’s mindblowing.

6 Likes

right? where’s the representation for reusable?!

1 Like

Just wish we could meet Red Panda Mei in AK on our next trip…

5 Likes

:blush: Now this concert I’d attend :rofl: :heart:

5 Likes