TumbleMonkeys' August 2022 Offsite, Extended Family Trip Report!

I’m flattered to be your trip report hero!! We have got to overlap our trips next time!!

3 Likes

Yes, definitely!

2 Likes

So there is a next time… sweet!

3 Likes

What an amazing trip report! You are so funny!

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed.

1 Like

I have loved following along with your report! Sounds like you had an amazing time, I hope you get to do it again soon.

3 Likes

Still only an imaginary next time so far!

2 Likes

It’s so good!!

They were such good fun :yellow_heart:
I wish I hadn’t got so out of touch with chat.

What a great TR. Thanks for sharing all your adventures and great photos :star_struck:

3 Likes

Yes she is going to do a RunDisney race so I can cheer her on and buy her a drink at the end :wink:

5 Likes

Or else I’ll just visit and we can buy each other drinks!

5 Likes

That works too!

3 Likes

I loved this TR! Thanks for taking us along @TumbleMonkeys :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks @ThorKat @Alicein3D and @Shmebulock! I appreciate you reading it!

5 Likes

I am just amazed with all that you accomplished with such a big group. Your ability to be calm, pivot when needed and meet the needs of everyone was extraordinary. Thanks for putting together your trip report @TumbleMonkeys

4 Likes

Thank you @NervousRex! I didn’t always feel calm or productive so I love the support from Liners who understand!

1 Like

Hi! Loved your whole report, as many have said, I was extremely impressed that you handled that large of a group. So awesome and definitely a trip your family will remember forever!

Can you please share where you learned that ILL and LL are easier on the weekends? Planning a trip for my family (husband, 4 year old daughter, 2 year old son) and SDD is a ride we don’t want to miss. Wondering if we should switch our HS day. Not leaving until January, but trying to plan ahead so I have an idea of where to book meals. Thank you!

4 Likes

Hi @KellyM527! I had been stalking the LL availability on MDE for months leading up to the trip. Thought I had noticed a trend where Rise was still available at park opening on Sat-Sun but never on weekdays. On Lines chat, people had started to mention that LL availability in general was better on weekends. Feels counter intuitive, but assuming park reservations are keeping the people/ride capacity balance fairly constant, it could be that more of the weekend guests are locals, not vacationers, and less likely to buy GP.

To your situation, Slinky almost has to be your first LL selection at 7, or it might run out. But as long as you’re ready at 7, I think you’ll always be able to get it, no matter what day it is. Now, if you’re offsite and want to be able to buy Rise, or if you’re determined to get LL for all the rides I did, it could be worth switching to a weekend. Or at least monitoring for a week or so to see if this is still true!

3 Likes

@KellyM527 I should mention that thrilldata.com montitors LL availability, which is a more efficient way to look at the trends then checking all day, lol. Thanks for your kind words about my trip report!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the thorough and quick reply. We are staying onsite and my husband for sure wants to ride Rise. Our 4 year old should be tall enough so we can rider swap. Might swap HS to Sunday to make sure we can do both. Thanks again!

2 Likes

If you’re staying onsite you should really be fine for both! Just be ready to go at 7 and you should be able to get both. But in my experience, moving to the weekend would only help, and not hurt, your selection of LL for other rides, after your first one for Slinky.

2 Likes