TTDFW Party time conflict and confusion

previously I asked on chat why my MDE said that TTDFW party started at 6pm when wishes was scheduled for 8pm on my MK day. (early close) It was confirmed by some that this was a default time but that I would actually enter an hour before wishes (7pm). Though that is confusing and I wish Disney did not confuse people, lol, my real concern is that we would like to make a dinner reservation somewhere but MDE keeps reminding me that I already have a reservation at the 6oclock hour…the TTDFW party. ugh. Will the TTDFW party eventually show up as a 7pm reservation? Should I just call and talk to a CM?

Similar issue for us in April. With the TTDP you are not going to want a big meal close to the party, we have an ADR at 5 for dinner when Wishes is at 9 (shows up as 6 on ADR). You can make a reservation for 5, will that work?

1 Like

There is a lot at the TTDP. I agree that your adr or meal should be earlier anyway. When we did the TTDP in December, we ate at 4/4:30 and finished around 5:30 and we were still full for a while. We were in line to enter TTDP at around 7:30 for the 8pm party. Tables are reserved based on when you called so no need to rush to get a certain table.

1 Like

i think the previous posts make a lot of sense. But you are right, if you call, you will be able to get around this “glitch”

1 Like

so,Darth Dopey, if I called at 180 days out, how does this affect when I am 'called" to our table? The sooner we reserved the earlier you are seated? Are we just waiting outside this area until they call for seating ? TY

No. You line up and you’ll check in and get a wristband. They’ll show you to your table.

1 Like

The sooner you get your reservation done, the closer to the front you’ll be.

1 Like