TSI 30 min

I have never done TSI before. Is 30 min too much/too little for DD who will be almost 6 years old?

TSI is nice, but not one of my family’s favorites. They enjoyed the little raft ride and ran around for a while, but then were ready to go. so I think the question of how long to allow depends on your kid and your plan for the day. We spent about 20 minutes total (including waiting in short line for raft, riding over and riding back) the one time we did it and haven’t been back. but if your kid really wants/needs to blow off some steam, or you have it just stuck in the busy part of the day to kill some time while you wait for some other attraction, you could spend longer. Or, if you are in a hurry, you could skip it or just do the raft ride and walk around for 5 minutes before you leave again.

1 Like

Ok, by the time our TP has us there we are flexible in our day. Thx

If you want a break take the boat over and relax in the rocking chairs in front of Aunt Polly’s and watch the river boat go by. It’s in the shade and the chairs and comfortable enough to fall asleep in lol

2 Likes

My niece was content to sit in the shade and play checkers on TSI at midday when it was hot and we had 45 minutes to kill before a Splash Mountain FP. We probably explored for about 15-20 minutes before we settled in. She also liked watching Big Thunder Mountain trains thunder by and insisted we try to get a photo of her while the train was passing.

1 Like

My boys love it, especially the caves and hiking to the fort at the far side of the island (that has abandoned buildings and a prison with a snoring prisoner). The rocking chairs are perfect for taking a break.

1 Like

I find it enjoyable (as a middle-aged adult with no kids). If you really want to explore the whole island, I would say 30 min - PLUS - the time waiting for and riding the rafts would be OK. And don’t forget, however long the line is getting TO the island, it will probably be about the same coming BACK from the island.

1 Like

I think we probably spent about an hour. My boys loved exploring all around and especially the fort at the back, where they pretended to shoot Big Thunder Mountain.

1 Like

My DSs 10, 7 and 4 spent an hour there and could have spent another two hours if we let them. If your DD likes to explore, she will love it and may not want to leave.

1 Like