Trying to get a straight answer from Disney?

Other than CM 1, I don’t believe there is any contradiction. They just were expressing different aspects of the rule.

If you buy a ticket with a start date of X, then you pay the corresponding price. If you wish to activate the ticket on a date different from what you originally bought it for, you may be required to pay the additional cost IF the cost of the tickets on that new start date would have cost most. Now, I don’t know about the 2 days thing, but I can see that being a non-advertised rule.

You cannot do that if it is a free dining package. When you call Disney they should see what you have booked.

I am just talking about the scenario in the original post.

Yes, but it was clarified that the OP has a free dining package.

I’m just surprised that they don’t want more of my money to make my 10 day ticket work. :wink:

I sent a written request to Disney to get written confirmation about this and here is my answer

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Norainne (Disney)

Jun 19, 9:28 AM EDT

Dear Donna,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

It is possible to pick up your package tickets up to 10 days before your check-in date. We recommend that you stop by Guest Relations at the Theme Parks or Disney Springs ® area to pick up your tickets. A Cast Member will be happy to assist you.

Please note, if you are picking up your tickets up to 2 days early, your Valid Use Period will either remain as the length of your stay or based on the number of days of your ticket, whichever is longer. If you will be picking up your tickets between 3 and 10 days early, you are subject additional costs based on the new start date. The Valid Use Period will default to the Valid Use Period for the number of days of your ticket.

It is important to note that your 60-day Fastpass+ booking window will still be based on your resort check-in date. Any days prior to that date will not be bookable until you have arrived and activated your tickets.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Norainne
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Donna Faulkner

Jun 17, 6:14 PM EDT

Kindly confirm the following information I received from these cast members on the following dates:
(I deleted names here for this forum)

We are staying on property with a package from Aug 11-15. I called to modify my 4 day ticket to 8 day. Each of these CMs said I could activate my park tickets 1 day prior to my resort stay complimentary by visiting our resort in person the day before our stay. . Theodore said he would put a system note on my reservation. I would feel more comfortable with this in writing. Our flight leaves earlier than expected after our stay but we will be in Orlando prior to our stay. We would love to spend as many days in the parks as possible
Thanks so much.

1 Like

I don’t see you told them it was a free dining package? Did I miss that?

I sent them all my details, confirmation numbers, etc.? Do you think that it would have showed in my reservation details?

I am hoping this will work for you. I also wish this was not included:

Me too. But it seems more hopeful with a written response. We arrive a week before our stay so I’ll go in ahead and be sure it all works out.

1 Like

Follow up to my post. I went to my resort today, (Aug 9) 2 days before my package stay with free dining starting on Aug 11. They gave me Grey wristbands for all 6 of us and told me I could get them set up at Disney springs guest services as we were headed there for lunch. I went to guest services at DS and the CM set them up two days early and they are still valid till our original end date of Aug 23 (8 day ticket). So my tickets are good from Aug 9-23 instead of Aug 11-23. This worked out great since we added on the water parks. (PHP). Our resort CM said they would give us our coloured MBs when we check in.

6 Likes

Terrific! Glad that worked out!