Trying to Find the Magic (Trip Report)

I’m so sorry for your awful tragic loss.

I hope this trip gives you the space and surroundings to find the magic but also some peace and comfort as you continue your grief journey.

Have a great sailing.

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Mental health is just as important as physical health. Enjoy your cruise.

6 Likes

So don’t buy the premium Wi-Fi. This is the first time I’ve been able to get this page to load. NOT worth $200 at all! It worked much better on the Wish. Given how hard it is to access site this might become a post trip report instead of live. However so far I will say that my order goes Dream, Wish, Magic overall. But there are aspects of the Magic I like better than the Wish. Like the spa suites. Don’t book the couples or solo time spa suites on the wish. The rooms are directly over the engine and no balcony. It’s much much much better on the Magic and Dream with an actual private balcony. Absolutely worth the money in that case. I did alone time for $199 and added the mini facial for $49 which added 25 min so I got 2:25 in the suite and it was wonderful.

8 Likes

Big hugs.
Hoping you find more frequent and lengthier peace-filled moments to your days. Trusting you have a lifetime of memories to draw on when the sadness threatens to overtake you.

4 Likes

I am sorry the WiFi is giving you such a hard time. I always appreciate the details you share, whenever you share them! Thank you!

3 Likes

To help pass the time until my next post since I’m about to leave the spa (also got my hair did for formal night) I’ll leave you with a couple of jokes my comedian daughter said during the tangled show. When the cruise director asked us to tell out where we from she yelled “My mom”

When the black actor playing the king and white actress playing the queen had a white, blonde daughter she leaned over and whispered “that is not that baby’s father”.

And Tangled was entertaining and had some great attributes. I agree with UG that the set pieces and horses are much better than Mermaid on the wish but it wasn’t as good to me as BatB on Dream to me. There were some weak parts like the guy playing Flynn didn’t quite do it for me. However, Mother Gothel nailed it.

9 Likes

17 Likes

We seem to have moved into a better satellite signal

16 Likes

And this is what a ship that sailed out of Texas calls Nachos. Both DF and DH (whom I texted these photos) said “Get out the rope”. And if you know what that’s from 10 bonus points.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Why did we get fidgets? None of the tables around us did with the same waitstaff? Is this just random? Were we so rowdy last time they thought it would keep us calmer.

11 Likes

:people_hugging: I hope this trip is fun and healing for all involved!

2 Likes

You look fabulous!

3 Likes

These thugs are fabulous. In case you can’t tell the baker is making a face because DD takes the frosting off her cupcapes. The other one told DF when she was teaching him how to flip hair he had to be careful not to flip too hard or the fleas might go everywhere.

9 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Head waiter said fidgets were just magic

3 Likes

Only took like 100 selfies to get this. I suck at this.

16 Likes

We have an early morning so off to bed. Got all cute for a couple of hours. Lol

3 Likes

I want to try the magic again someday just for Tangled!

3 Likes

5 Likes