Trying to decide if I cancel again or not!

I had a trip planned the week after Thanksgiving but my 3 year old came down with Covid right before so I canceled since our family was quarantining. Rescheduled to Jan 7-10, but now omicron and the crazy flight cancellation situation are giving me pause.

It is just me and my mom going on the trip, and we’re both vaccinated and boosted. I just worry about bringing Covid home afterwards and causing my kids to miss school - though my 2 elementary age kids are now vaxxed and my 3 year old just had it so should be somewhat immune for a bit supposedly.

What would you do? No wrong answers I just am really undecided and would love to know others opinions!

1 Like

I would follow my gut.

4 Likes

I would go since you two are vaccinated and boosted, plus your kids at home are vaxxed or just had covid.

4 Likes

Ever since I gained 5 pounds over Christmas my gut’s been out in front of me everywhere I go.

7 Likes

Ha ha ha. And also jealous. I’ve gained 15 since Covid started

2 Likes

Lol. Yes my gut has been dreaming of the Holiday themed treats we were planning to eat at the park since November!

3 Likes

I ended up canceling. I’m not very worried about my kids getting super sick at this point since Omicron seems milder, but I realized if I end up positive they all would need to stay home for 5-10 days and that is the opposite of a vacation so not worth it quite yet. I’m super bummed but we are planning to reschedule for Dec 2022.

5 Likes