Trying Not To Twist Myself Into A Pretzel

Room discounts have been announced for our Christmas trip. 20% off for Disney+ subscribers. A significant savings for a 7 night trip. What’s the problem? It’s not a problem really, just some work that needs to be put in and some choices that need to be made logistics wise. We are Disney+ subscribers under my husband’s name. (He purchased it as a surprise for me when the service was first announced.) The question became whether I would be able to use his account since the resort reservation is in my name. Worst case scenario, cancels his subscription and I buy a new one.

Next question - will Disney allow me to apply the discount to an existing reservation. I called. And get this. I only spent 25 minutes on the phone, including time spent on hold. The last time I had to call WDW it took over 3 hours. Calling at 9PM might have helped.

We check in 12/10 and the Disney+ offer starts on the 11th. This means I have to change the reservation to check in on the 11th and get a room only reservation for the 10th. I hate the thought of a split stay on an early entry HS day, but the savings will be worth it. There is no availability at BCV where we are currently booked. The idea of staying close by BCV due to the move is appealing. After checking and finding no availability (in price range) at Yacht/Beach Club, I thought - why not do something non-Boardwalk related.
I am thinking Deluxe Studio at Riviera because my husband will be uber tired from traveling and that room oozes relaxation. I also thought about SS since our first day will be non-park and Disney Springs. But alas, with all of this, I feel like I am twisting myself into a pretzel. P.S. - there is availability at BW.

3 Likes

So trying to unravel that pretzel… are you just trying to figure out where to stay on the 10th before moving to BC on the 11th? If so, I’d do Riviera or BW since both are easy options to get to HS at 0 dsrk 30 on the 11th.

1 Like

Yes, ma’am. That is it exactly. I didn’t even consider transportation to HS, so that’s an excellent point.

2 Likes

I would put everything you need for that first day/night/day in 1 bag and leave your suitcases untouched that first night. It will be easy peasy to drop it all at BS to move over to BC.

1 Like

Yes, for sure. I learned that the hard way when I did a first time split stay in December. I suppose I also need to consider how easy or hard it will be to get luggage to the next hotel. We have a busy day planned at HS with an ADR at Jiko. Gonna be a pain getting luggage from Riviera, or wherever, to BWV. Whereas, if we stay someplace on the Boardwalk that first night, we could check out the morning of, take luggage to bell services and check in before we go to HS. I can just see my husband being beat and cranky at the end of the day. We would have to Uber from Jiko back to Riviera, or wherever, grab luggage and take to BWV. I just don’t see us leaving the park early enough to get it done before Jiko. Am I thinking of this logically, or am I twisting?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure bell services will transfer your luggage between the resorts for you

3 Likes

Bell services can transfer the bags from 1 Disney hotel to the other. The only negative is that you don’t know exactly when it will arrive at the new resort. If you are going straight to Jiko from HS and not even stopping at the resort it shouldn’t be an issue.

3 Likes

Well, now. That’s a game changer. :thinking::nerd_face:

3 Likes

It’s super easy. You can either call bs and have them get your bags from your room (do not recommend as it can take a while) or take your bags down to bs yourselves. They will give you the claim ticket and tell you bags will be available after some late afternoon time. When you get to new hotel you call bs from your room, give them the claim ticket number (they have been very adamant about giving them the claim number) and then they bring your bags up to your room. It’s soooo convenient. How else do you think I do my 3, 4, etc split stays? :rofl:

2 Likes

You could bring your “big suitcases” to BC on arrival day and leave with bell services there, then walk to BW (or Uber to Riviera or wherever) to check in for night 1 with stuff for night 1 in a smaller duffle/carry on size. Then most of your stuff is already at your second hotel ready for you. Was just thinking on whether you think doing the move on day 1 (and what time you are getting in) is easier than morning of day 2.

5 Likes

We left our 7 pieces of luggage at bell services at All Star Sports to be transferred to Saratoga Springs.

All our luggage arrived at Saratoga.

What we didn’t know was that luggage doesn’t get transferred till after 4, most likely. Generally. Usually. And the guest needs to be in the room to receive luggage. This is what we were told in June, 2022, at Saratoga.

If you want your stuff before 4, you’d want to either take a backpack of essentials into the park with you.

Or as @WildernessLodger says, drop your big bags at your second resort before heading to your first resort. Bell services will hold them till you call. You could still have your overnight at first resort bags delivered by bell services. You’d also call bell services when you get to your room to have your left Luggage brought to you.

3 Likes

Does going from deluxe to deluxe on a split stay ever feel like a downgrade. Should I book a moderate that first night so BWV feels like an upgrade. How will it feel to move from Riviera to BWV?

1 Like

BTW - I brought the situation up to him this morning. His response - “You know babe, it doesn’t really matter to me. I will go where you tell me.” :heart:

6 Likes

We have only transferred twice. First time from OKW to Poly. Which was mostly fine. The problem at Poly was that housekeeping was awful. They had lousy attitudes and didn’t do the job. We didn’t mind trash/towels midweek at OKW and would have preferred no housekeeping at Poly. There were 6 of us in two rooms at Poly for 3 nights, so it didn’t feel like a downgrade. Even tho we had a 2 br at OKW.

Second time was from All Star Sports after one night, 4 of us in one room, to 1 br at Saratoga Springs for a week. Which was the right way to go. Our first time at a value. Third at Saratoga.

I don’t know Riviera but deluxe to deluxe should be fine. I think we had a preferred at BWV and that really spoils a person. :blush: Our next Disney visit, 2 years after BWV, was to Saratoga but in the Paddock area. Liked SSR villa better but that BWV preferred location was awesome.

2 Likes

Going anywhere from Riviera might feel like a downgrade since it’s the newest, shiniest resort. But going from a solitary resort to being on the boardwalk with lots to see and do would be an upgrade in my opinion.

2 Likes

And walking to Epcot or 4 other resorts with restaurants. It’s definitely my fav location, especially at Christmas. :star_struck::heart_eyes::blush:

But great any time.

2 Likes

We always do split stays. The process is SO easy, we’ve never had a problem! Disney has always brought the luggage to our new room and it’s waiting there for us when we get in from a long day at the parks!

2 Likes

So, not exactly the same, but my Disney + subscriber account is under a different email than my MDE email. I was able to call and get the discount applied to my current reservation once they verified my ‘other email’ was an active subscription. It took about 30 minutes - but they can do it.
I would imagine it would be no issue for them to apply it if he’s on the reservation as a guest. Just time consuming!

2 Likes

Ahhh! Thank, you. It’s worth the time.

1 Like

So what have you decided?