Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

how is compared to riding Hagrid’s as the motorbike rider at USO?

1 Like

better because it’s more like a sport bike vs a road bike (so like this:
versus this:
)
Guess which one feels faster!

3 Likes

versus:

it does look similar to FoP in that picture. I just don’t remember that part because the ride was so awesome. But even if you can’t fit in those I think there’ll be a limited number of normal roller coaster style seats if they copy the Shanghai version.

4 Likes

Thanks for these comparison pictures. I don’t know if I’d like leaning over like that… I guess if it was just a short ride it would be tolerable.

1 Like

couple of minutes I am sure. It went by fast and I rode it twice in a row two days in a row it was so much fun. I think it might be my favorite Disney ride period but that’s a tough call. For rerideability I would say it’s better than RotR after the first 10 rides or so but RotR blew me away the first few times so it’s close b/w the two for me.

Have you ever ridden a motorcycle before? It’s honestly not uncomfortable to lie down. They angle it so it’s naturally how your body goes. I prefer the sports bike feeling of leaning forward versus the standard road bike of leaning back. I find that harder on my back. Leaning forward goes with gravity and makes you more aerodynamic so you feel more one with the bike. That’s how this ride is.

2 Likes

yes, years ago.

I’m thinking of a ten-speed bike that leaning over on for a long period of time is awful to do

I hope I get to try the tron ride one day :wink:

2 Likes

completely different than that…I’ve done that too (I did a half ironman once cuz I’m insane! and that was 56 miles lying down which permanently damaged my shoulder). The motorcycle/tron ride vehicle is bigger and supports you. You literally put your weight on it. So more like a yin yoga pose than a hatha yoga pose where you allow gravity and the ground or a prop to hold you down rather than your strength.

*Also, I think the ride is gonna be so great you’ll forget if it’s uncomfortable like I did! LOL

2 Likes

Time for the weekly Tron train update courtesy of bioreconstruct on Twitter

image. The work in the train track by Space Mountain looks complete

The end of train tunnel also looks like it is finished

You can see the track path in this aerial picture. The train track stops under the people mover on the left side of the picture. There is a lot of work to be done from there to the tunnel

6 Likes

I don’t know a thing about laying railroad tracks but holy cow the seem to be moving at the pace of a snail running through molasses in January in the north! :woman_facepalming:t2:

A week ago the were about halfway through that now completed section (black circle -window? - number 3out of 6)! They need to involve some professional railroad workers or it really will be 2052 before they are done!!

3 Likes

Just one fool’s opinion, looking at the overhead picture they have wait to finish the train track until the walkway from Space Mountain to the entrance to Tron is completed. Here is another overhead picture where you can clearly see the access road to the area where they are still working on the walkway, they still are going to have heavy trucks and equipment getting into that area

The walkway to Tron is going to be in between the back of the speedway track and the train track. Until the walkway is done the train track will have to wait

2 Likes

Steam Train Track Update. Picture courtesy of bioreconstruct on Twitter

This current aerial picture shows excavation and additional foundation work going on at the end of the tunnel. See the top yellow arrow. My guess is that it’s still several months away from the train track completion

5 Likes

I just watched an entire video about all the progress being made at Epic Universe and they still aren’t nearly done with this ride yet. Epic will open first.

5 Likes

A couple of more pics from different angles

3 Likes

Disney Parks Blog celebrates the 40th anniversary of Tron with new test picture of WDW Light cycle

4 Likes

I thought this was an amusing spoof on that story:

https://twitter.com/SonderQuest/status/1545772590450491392?s=20&t=P8U2itixS1iu89bYPqEVRw

9 Likes

At this point who cares anymore. Just bring back the WDWRR and let’s pretend this never happened.

5 Likes

I agree about WDWRR but I am very excited for this ride to open up 2 years ago! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

6 Likes

:rofl:

I was excited too, but now that GotG is open and is super freaking AMAZEBALLS I just don’t care anymore :rofl:.

1 Like

I expect to enjoy the ride. I also expect it to be entirely too short. With lines entirely too long.

5 Likes

TWSS

7 Likes