Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

One can hope that means the train will be running again soon!!

2 Likes

It would help if the track was laid all around the park of course.

But yes, let’s hope so.

2 Likes

Beside hearing about MagicBand+ and it’s interactive elements with 50th statues, I don’t hear much anymore. The sporadic Disney commercial on TV advertises it, but not like there’s a ton of limited time offerings associated with it.

1 Like

Even the special photo shots and similar stuff would be good. By the time we go all the banners will presumably have gone because of the parties. Just things like that.

1 Like

The merch is still there and plentiful and new merch does seem to be released (or maybe become available is more accurate) all the time. You’ll still hear CMs in the shops talking about shipping troubles.

Merch doesn’t make a celebration and they’ve definitely fallen down on this.

3 Likes

Good news on track replacement. Bioreconstruct posted on Twitter. Track on May 7th

Track area yesterday

Actual signs of work. Fresh gravel going down in the rail bed being compacted

6 Likes

Steam tunnel roof

6 Likes

I was just wondering about this…anyone see how they’re going to get the steam/smoke from the locomotive out of the tunnel so no one is suffocating for the duration of the tunnel? It looks completely enclosed with just windows on the side.

I can’t imagine that’ll be enough airflow? Or is it more likely they will just pause steam/smoke until they get through the tunnel (not even sure if that’s functionally possible)?

2 Likes

Maybe pause it? The tunnel for the train at DLR is a lot longer and also fully enclosed so they must do that

2 Likes

I’m not sure what solution they are using, but the tunnel doesn’t look like it will be all that different from going under Splash Mountain. But with the open ends and windows, it probably doesn’t need much more. I know that in longer tunnels (such as those for cars that go under mountains or rivers, etc), they install an airflow fan system, which Disney could potentially do.

1 Like

Len seemed to guess that this would open around December 1 this morning on the Disney Dish! Maybe I’ll catch a DVC preview in Nov?

1 Like

He did? LOL I think I zoned out for a minute.

Mondays…

1 Like

The splash tunnel is much shorter and had significant head room (several feet) from what I remember. This tunnel is going to have a much smaller amount of clearance and longer. From what I saw the train is going to juuuust barely fit.

As far as an active airflow system, I thought they were adding one, but given that it doesn’t seem to be along the ceiling (which, to me, would be the obvious place to put it given that’s where the steam would be), I figured they went with a different solution (or no solution). But I can’t think that any active airflow system, that isn’t on the ceiling, would be efficient enough to clear it out fast enough that wouldn’t make you feel like you just entered a wind tunnel.

And then I’m thinkin Disney wouldn’t want to do that because it’d be a very jarring change from a “scenic ride around the kingdom” .

So…pausing the steam seems to make the most sense.

I’m the Sept-oct 1st camp. It’d be a nice promotive cap to the 50th (especially given how pathetic it’s been) and it’ll be a good bolster to low-crowd time and allow them to get that loaded into the ILL revenue faster, which I’m sure they’re salivating over.

EDIT: And given the Fiscal Year will end around there, it’ll make ol’ Bobby look RRRREALLY good if he can get the Tron ILL fees added to his bottom line.

2 Likes

I think so? I selfishly remember because we leave November 20… But I’ve also lost a teeny bit of faith in Len after Remy opened about 18 months after he thought it would.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I actually think they (Disney) got things Backwards. Tron should have opened BEFORE GotG due to the fact that GotG could have nicely opened up for the 40th Anniversary of Epcot. So, now they have this awkwardness of Tron opening AFTER Gotg…potentially in time for Epcot’s 40th, even though it isn’t in Epcot!

(Does Disney not actually THINK about these things???)

4 Likes

I think Epcot’s attendance numbers were plummeting with the construction. Which is why the hours have been so skimpy (2nd only to AK)

They had to get SOMETHING in there to redraw in the crowds. Cause Remy sure didn’t do it.

2 Likes

I might have missed it when I was FF through all the universal survey stuff.

Oh it reminds me though that I wanted to post in the Disney Dish thread about a question had about one of the Disney survey questions.

2 Likes

I definitely expected Tron to be open in time for our July trip and GotG to open later - though considering construction was going on 3 years ago during our last trip on both of them, I am shocked that they’re not both open.

2 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

You mean like how Remy opened at the MK 50th? :laughing:

3 Likes